Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by marktold View Post
@Dousan at least 5 minutes on the the-flying-world.tbz2 file nothing happening. nidroid-manifest was done in seconds before that.

Markus grrh. I think I will regret this ;-)
Five minutes is nothing. It takes a long time.

Your pessimism is wrong. I didn't find it slightly dangerous. It didn't work for me at first, but it didn't hurt anything. I had to go read a book for awhile.

I personally had to reflash first to get it to work. To me, that's no big deal. Before I reflashed, I tried without reflashing about five times, each time waiting a long time, till my device said "bailing out". After it bailed out I stopped waiting, of course.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by rolan900d View Post
I am kinda hoping this question won't get lost in here.....

Does anybody out here know what I could change?
Your battery graph still works while you are running Android? Interesting; I wonder how it does that.

The battery usage is flaky at this point. I usually have charge my battery with an external charger. With this, I had to charge with the N900 itself until it went green. Then when I booted Nitdroid all was well. So I could MOSTLY till charge with the external charger -- it only seemed to care if it was topped up with the N900 itself.

Edit: Oh, you must be saying that Nitdroid shows half your battery is used up. That is not saying that Nitdroid is consuming half your power, as you seemed to be stating. As I said, it's flaky.

Last edited by geneven; 2010-08-30 at 20:06.

I installed, took ages to boot from a Class 6 card and was slow when finally loaded so I uninstalled.

Awesome job but I'm too impatient it seems? ;o)

Originally Posted by somekeystrokes View Post
5. Actual formatting
mkdosfs /dev/mmcblk1p1
mke2fs -L NITDroid -j -m0 /dev/mmcblk1p2
Entering the last line gives me an error saying "The device apparently does not exist; did you specify it correctly?"

whre could have i gone wrong?

My phone isnt detecting my new mem card, after i got stuck above, while my pc does...ive tried formatting in fat32 and ntfs both...

pls help!

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Poland
My phone isnt detecting my new mem card, after i got stuck above, while my pc does...ive tried formatting in fat32 and ntfs both...

pls help!
Did you have back cover on the phone?

The Following User Says Thank You to kamil365 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 51 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Poland

pls help!
Did you have back cover on the phone while mounting sd?

Originally Posted by geneven View Post
Your battery graph still works while you are running Android? Interesting; I wonder how it does that.

The battery usage is flaky at this point. I usually have charge my battery with an external charger. With this, I had to charge with the N900 itself until it went green. Then when I booted Nitdroid all was well. So I could MOSTLY till charge with the external charger -- it only seemed to care if it was topped up with the N900 itself.

Edit: Oh, you must be saying that Nitdroid shows half your battery is used up. That is not saying that Nitdroid is consuming half your power, as you seemed to be stating. As I said, it's flaky.
No batterygraph in Android but just after running option 2 in multiboot, I can choose a boost in Mhz.
But then the drainage is huge.
Prior to install of NITdroid it wasn't an issue....

Posts: 66 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Dubai
Originally Posted by zikmir View Post
i typed sudo gain root and it tell me RD mode if u wana break ur device??????????????
At your current level of expertise i suggest just use Maemo.

Originally Posted by sak500 View Post
At your current level of expertise i suggest just use Maemo.
First install rootsh

Well, I just had to install it (because I can ). I have a 2GB, three year old Sandisk sd card, and had to format it with 1MB for FAT to get the installer going.

It works like a charm. Surprisingly smooth and fast. Some hickups every now and then and drains battery like a 1kW oven, but all in all, this is great.

I guess the hard parts, telephony and power management is going to take some time??

One has to wonder. If Android was available from Nokia on the N900 (downloadable in addition to Maemo and soon to come MeeGo), what would the sales number of this device be?

Tags
bada rox, face coconut, face palm, nitdroid n900