Notices

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
It's a brilliant app, thank you ilbambino for making it. Of course it shows that it's in early development and it needs polishing, but it does its job already. Hopefully you have time to implement both GPS and maps, and also polish the app graphically.

Posts: 69 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Finland
Hi there is a small bug in the application. it does not let bookmark the new address. hope you will fix it soon. also it would be nice if it shows metro and train schedules as well

Thanks for the great application

Hi
I know it isnt very clear. But you can only make favs on the destination. Type, press enter, select one and press the add fav.

Yes it needs some work, but at least now works.

btw it already works with metro and train...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ilbambino For This Useful Post:
Also it would be great if you could choose arrival time, not only time when you want your bus to leave.

Goal is to make it like www.reittiopas.fi someday? Same functions?

Posts: 381 | Thanked: 847 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Helsinki
I did something slightly related: a simple app that shows Helsinki trams and buses moving real-time on a map:

I'll keep this off Extras until we get caching questions sorted out with the data provider. Before that, you can grab a copy from http://github.com/bergie/buscatcher

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bergie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 51 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by bergie View Post
I did something slightly related: a simple app that shows Helsinki trams and buses moving real-time on a map:

I'll keep this off Extras until we get caching questions sorted out with the data provider. Before that, you can grab a copy from http://github.com/bergie/buscatcher
Totally awesome yet simple app. I'm totally jealous that I did not thought that :-(

Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
For me maybe one of the greatest features would be just this realtime view of where the bus is in relation to the stops. I don't think that even the GPS lock to provide the info for "from" is as useful. I like to have precise control over the stop and not necessarily have it chosen for me.

Posts: 381 | Thanked: 847 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by cjp View Post
For me maybe one of the greatest features would be just this realtime view of where the bus is in relation to the stops. I don't think that even the GPS lock to provide the info for "from" is as useful. I like to have precise control over the stop and not necessarily have it chosen for me.
The data feed I'm working with (see the Qaiku thread) includes locations of all stops. So some UI elements could be added that would allow you to center the map to any stop instead of your current location. Filtering the map to display only the trams and buses you're interested in might be another idea.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bergie For This Useful Post:
There's a bug in Como Llego that could be called serious?

The arrival time marked for routes is NOT when you arrive at your destination but when a bus/train/tram/metro arrives to your last station. So eg, if you have to walk for 1-2km the arrival time is NOT accurate.

Is this intentional or a bug?

I did it intentional. But the problem is that the UI isn't very clear. Now that the winter is coming I want to redo some of the things there.

The Following User Says Thank You to ilbambino For This Useful Post: