Active Topics

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Westhampton, MA
I ordered earlier today... I had enough to trade-in that I am going to end up paying ~$35 for it.

That is, if the rebate comes.

Originally Posted by Cross View Post
That is, if the rebate comes.
Please let us know how that works out. I'm tempted, but I've already bought one N900 on the basis of Nokia's promise of a rebate, and never received that rebate. So I'm not exactly eager to get burned again!

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Ok, this is funny. Went to purchase it, my bank kicked them back as not a proper website. I had to call my bank, then Visa to ensure it wasn't fraud.

There are no restrictions on my card, nothing pending, plenty of room in the account to get it. Visa considered them suspicious... wow.

Will have to resolve it in the morning.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Could be related to past complaints about unfulfilled rebates...
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 519 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ North Carolina (Formerly Denmark and Iceland)
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Ok, this is funny. Went to purchase it, my bank kicked them back as not a proper website. I had to call my bank, then Visa to ensure it wasn't fraud.

There are no restrictions on my card, nothing pending, plenty of room in the account to get it. Visa considered them suspicious... wow.

Will have to resolve it in the morning.
Well Citibank (I´ve got 2 MC´s with them) also didn´t want to allow the transaction to go through.

The fraud department called me up and said that "Telecommunications Retail Services" had tried to charge my card. I have to admit that I´d find that name suspicious by itself. Then on top of that some of their retail practices are even more questionable.

It´s not MC or Visa that thinks they´re cooks, but your bank. I ended up using a Visa I have with my local credit institution for the tab.

The Following User Says Thank You to olighak For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Damn. So it wasn't just me. Strange stuff.

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Damn. So it wasn't just me. Strange stuff.
I seem to remember a lot of similar complaints when the n900 first became available from Nokia. Lots of complaints that card didn't go through because of bank suspicions, but when that got cleared up, Nokia canceled orders because card company declined.

Maybe you missed them among all the complaints about Nokia's definition of "shipped" and all the "lost" orders that got cancelled once they were "found". Or the Amazon debacle where "date of purchase" was defined by Nokia to be when Amazon shipped, but Amazon was given a first date allowed to ship after rebate expiration date, but Amazon prominently advertised the rebate.

I didn't bother to apply for rebate, but it was fun reading all the sad stories from people that had been absolutely certain that rebates are great.

how can you determine the value of your phones before you do this? my wife and I just came off contract and have 2 sprint branded lg rumors...

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ NY/NJ, USA
Holy crap , I just registered to post here cause im about to bite on this. 280$ rebate plus 23$ for my E61i? I think im a new member of this community.

I've been sitting on the fence seen the N900 on sale for 350$ but 200$ im down

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ NY/NJ, USA
Hope I dont get screwed on the "while supplies last" part

EDIT: Ok I jumped in, the 280$ coupon (n900280) thing is input after u sign up for the flip-swap (trade in site) thing and choose what phones your sending in the coupon worked and it bumped up my trade in value by 280$. It just tells me to send my "Proof of Purchase" which according to nokia is the shipping confirmation.

I guess when I'll recieve my N900 i'll send my E61i with the proof of purchase and get some money back (hope it works)

Last edited by SovietStriker; 2010-09-01 at 02:36.