Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 334 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ United Kingdom
i reckon my issue was mohammedAG pulseaudio files , i removed them by unpinning and upgrading back to the original files . now i cant reproduce the error... hopefully i found the issue so must ask if your using the new pulseaudio leetut ?
would be a shame if its a pulseaudio issue as using hildon desktop fix/kinetic scroll fix with no issues and appreciate the fixes from mohammedAG . shall test next day or so to prove/disprove my fix for this error...

Last edited by moepda; 2010-08-26 at 20:35.

Posts: 334 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ United Kingdom
this audio error is proven pulseaudio problem.

see here : http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=60788&page=8

quite a few people with exactly the same problem , i removed pulseaudio to original and problem solved

The Following User Says Thank You to moepda For This Useful Post:
Posts: 722 | Thanked: 1,223 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ USA
EDIT: The issue has been fixed by the maemo webmaster and now MyContacts can be downloaded directly from extras using the Application Manager. Neils, thank you.

IMPORTANT
After several people complained about not being able to install mycontacts from extras I decide to check on my own device and found out that there is actually a "problem" with the extras repository and mycontacts. The maemo webmaster knows about it and is working on a solution.

As now it is NOT POSSIBLE to install mycontacts from extras. It will fail if you click the "install green arrow" on the maemo download page, you won't find mycontacts on the list of installable applications on the application manager and you won't be able to install using "apt-get" unless you have extras-devel or extras-testing enabled.

I created a document with instructions on how to install mycontacts and will be more than glad to help anybody that is still having problems with the process.

Thanks
Felipe

My maemo work:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
WakeOnLan - wake computers on your local network.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network
dbBrowser: Simple application to browse sqlite databases

Last edited by fcrochik; 2010-08-30 at 14:56.

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ lagos, Nigeria
Originally Posted by fcrochik View Post
EDIT: The issue has been fixed by the maemo webmaster and now MyContacts can be downloaded directly from extras using the Application Manager. Neils, thank you.

IMPORTANT
After several people complained about not being able to install mycontacts from extras I decide to check on my own device and found out that there is actually a "problem" with the extras repository and mycontacts. The maemo webmaster knows about it and is working on a solution.

As now it is NOT POSSIBLE to install mycontacts from extras. It will fail if you click the "install green arrow" on the maemo download page, you won't find mycontacts on the list of installable applications on the application manager and you won't be able to install using "apt-get" unless you have extras-devel or extras-testing enabled.

I created a document with instructions on how to install mycontacts and will be more than glad to help anybody that is still having problems with the process.

Thanks
Felipe

thanks for your apps and effort.

what worked for me in installing this was simply (temporarily) disabling the other packages i.e Testing and Dev.

After that i was able to install without any issues from the version in Extra.

i don't know why i couldn't install with all the packages enable, or why i couldn't install say the Testing version.

thanks all.

Last edited by kl2010; 2010-08-30 at 22:36.

Originally Posted by kl2010 View Post
thanks for your apps and effort.

what worked for me in installing this was simply (temporarily) disabling the other packages i.e Testing and Dev.

After that i was able to install without any issues from the version in Extra.

i don't know why i couldn't install with all the packages enable, or why i couldn't install say the Testing version.

thanks all.
Until earlier today it was not possible to install the application from extras. Now you should be able to install mycontacts from any of the 3 repositories using application manager: if you only have extras enabled it will install the version 0.9.2; or if you have extras-testing and/or extras-devel it will install the version 0.9.13.

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network

The Following User Says Thank You to fcrochik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ SF Bay Area
fcrochik: I have a bug (or perhaps it is intentional - I dont know) to report:
All the phone numbers in my contact list always have an international prefix. Even US numbers have a "+1" prefix. I think because of this, only the International dialing rules are used. Can you provide a way for users to specify what international prefix is to be considered as "local"?

Thanks
qgvnotify: Google voice and contacts notifier for diablo and maemo.

If you want to thank me, click the Thanks button.
If you'd like to thank my applications, vote to move them to extras.

The Following User Says Thank You to uvatbc For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by uvatbc View Post
fcrochik: I have a bug (or perhaps it is intentional - I dont know) to report:
All the phone numbers in my contact list always have an international prefix. Even US numbers have a "+1" prefix. I think because of this, only the International dialing rules are used. Can you provide a way for users to specify what international prefix is to be considered as "local"?

Thanks
It is not very obvious but I thought about it. Just go to settings\call out #s and add your country code there ("1"). The application will assume any number that starts with "+1" is local.

Just in case: if you also add the "area code" the application will try to build international numbers for you automatically for any number that it is not "international" when required (for example when trying to place a call using qgvdial). It is an unfinished/unpolished feature but it should work as it is.

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
For Maemo/N900:

The Following User Says Thank You to fcrochik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ SF Bay Area
Originally Posted by fcrochik View Post
It is not very obvious but I thought about it. Just go to settings\call out #s and add your country code there ("1"). The application will assume any number that starts with "+1" is local.

Just in case: if you also add the "area code" the application will try to build international numbers for you automatically for any number that it is not "international" when required (for example when trying to place a call using qgvdial). It is an unfinished/unpolished feature but it should work as it is.
Excellent! MyContacts + VICalR + qgvdial + Hermes = Phone envy for everyone else
qgvnotify: Google voice and contacts notifier for diablo and maemo.

If you want to thank me, click the Thanks button.
If you'd like to thank my applications, vote to move them to extras.

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Woodbridge, UK
Hi fcrochik

Just wanted to say 'well done' with this. It has solved 3 issues for me:

1) I can now group my contacts.

2) I can assign different ringtones to my contacts. Its not important about only been able to use WAV music files. I can use Nero on my PC to convert from MP3. Would be nice if there was an app for the N900 to convert files?

3) Its also stopped the annoying beeping while using a bluetooth headset.

Brilliant!!

Cheers

Zan

The Following User Says Thank You to zanzibar2 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by zanzibar2 View Post
Hi fcrochik

Just wanted to say 'well done' with this. It has solved 3 issues for me:

1) I can now group my contacts.

2) I can assign different ringtones to my contacts. Its not important about only been able to use WAV music files. I can use Nero on my PC to convert from MP3. Would be nice if there was an app for the N900 to convert files?

3) Its also stopped the annoying beeping while using a bluetooth headset.

Brilliant!!

Cheers

Zan
I would love to but can't take any credit for #3.

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
For Maemo/N900: