Active Topics

Posts: 112 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on May 2010 @ New Zealand
ya i saw that a while ago. Pretty impressive, unfortunately this will never happen on the Maemo. Almost certainly anyway.

To those that say touch screen gaming sucks on the iPhone, ur wrong. The majority of games i played on my iPod Touch works fine and to my surprise, the controls work really well.

A really good RPG game for u RPG gamers out there is Chaos Rings. Don't judge or look at the gameplay, PLAY IT URSELF first and see how good of a control it has. It's a pretty damn decent game.

Gaming on the iDevices are actually a lot of fun, considering the game contents and quality as well as the amount they have in the App Store, compared to our shitty collections on the Maemo front. It's actually a lot better.

My point is, at least developers are developing for the iPhone, while i wish that's the same case for Maemo, it probably will never happen. Let's hope Meego picks up some attention at least, coz i have a feeling it'll just be the same.

Originally Posted by Capt'n Corrupt View Post
I just tried loading the demo on my girlfriends iPod touch. Unfortunately, itunes was giving me an ultimatum: delete everything on the device or forgo the installation.

... now they have my credit card info! I hope I can delete my account!

Is it possible to load apps on the device itself? Without the need for iTunes?
U can go on the App Store on ur iDevice and just purchase apps/games that way........or jailbreak and get those for free, but u can search Google urself since this is Maemo and not iPhone community.

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
According to here, massive. According to Nokia... <silence>

I don't know. I say smaller than the WebOS crowd.

Only thing that's been "confirmed" is that Nokia sold more than 100k in the first 5 weeks. What that means in total? Who the **** really knows.
I was talking more about Android and iOS userbase numbers. Both seems to accuse the other of messing with their numbers. But I agree the number of maemo users is probably less than WebOS.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

The Following User Says Thank You to Laughing Man For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,524 | Thanked: 2,958 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Delta Quadrant
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
@cap'n: seriously? Any iOS above v1.x should have an app called 'App Store' in it. Although you'd probably need iOS 4.x to run the citadel demo. Just swipe to leftmost screen (spotlight) and seach for App...

If you can't find it, perhaps your girl is a hardcore gadget freak (albeit the iFreak kind) that messed up her iTouch and i think you should take the time to appreciate how lucky you are to have been able to find such soul mate.
Seriously, man. I think I jail-broke (does it work in past tense?) -- nay, jailbreak'd, it shortly after she got it. This is probably what sufficiently mucked up the innards, relegating said icon -- and app presumably -- to the frothy shores moments north of oblivion. We don't often use it, so it's never really posed a problem.... UNTIL NOW! I *love* demos -- almost as much as I love boobies.

I suspect a wipe, an upgrade, and some encouraging words is good for what ails this magnificent device.

The Following User Says Thank You to Capt'n Corrupt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
@capn: sometimes apps can get hidden or get the wrong permission set, but spotlight should still be able to find them. Try out a search for 'app' on it.

If that doesn't work, you can try turning on apps restriction/parental lock, exiting settings app, going back in to disable it again. This can reset permission/file flags.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Great suggestions! I'm trying this now.

Posts: 122 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on May 2010 @ U.K ,Reading
iPhone gaming is the best on mobile and maemo/meego will never get games like rage and this epic game simple !

Sadly after searching for spotlight search (ironic...) I didn't find anything. I've been over every pixel of this device, in every menu available, and it seems that I'm thoroughly locked out. I wasn't able to find spotlight search in the menu, nor the settings. Ditto for apps restriction or parental lock.

I appreciate your help, but at this point it feels like I'm wasting your time... And that dear sir, I will not abide. I figure a wipe for this device is overdue.

It's odd to feel so helpless. Usually this is about the time when I begin my command line trek.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
@capn: lol take it easy dude. You can access Spotlight by swiping left on page 1 of the homescreen.
What is indexed by spotlight can be controlled in the settings menu (I believe in Settings - General - Spotlight, or thereabout. Gotta make sure that apps are indexed to make it show up.
And note that App Store (app) is not spelled AppStore
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Originally Posted by ysss View Post
@capn: lol take it easy dude. You can access Spotlight by swiping left on page 1 of the homescreen.
What is indexed by spotlight can be controlled in the settings menu (I believe in Settings - General - Spotlight, or thereabout. Gotta make sure that apps are indexed to make it show up.
And note that App Store (app) is not spelled AppStore
That's just the thing, swiping left on the homescreen (or is that 'Home Screen' ) yields nothing on my device; the icons stay put and don't slide! I swear I've tried every thing, even resetting all settings (heh) in case some setting unintentionally hid key functions.

Maybe this isn't a gen2 iPod touch.... It seems awfully gen2, though...

EDIT: I just looked up the model number and it's a gen1 iPod touch! I don't know if that makes a difference, but that may explain some of these shenanigans.

Considering when my GF got her macbook, the 'free' iPod should have been gen2. Alas, she must have bought it on the wrong cusp.

Last edited by Capt'n Corrupt; 2010-09-03 at 05:36.

to be honest, i dont see any sense in playing with a mobile device anyway! i had a nintendo ds lite, a psp and selled both!

i like gaming, but gaming on with shitty sound, and such a small display is nothing for me! at home i have a 52" inch SHARP FULL HD and a 7.1 onkyo hdmi receiver with KEF surround set....playing games like gears or halo reach today is MUCH more fun and MUCH more entertaining, than on a mono-like 3" inch mini display xD there is no atmosphere and what about controls? nothing is better than a real controller.. and what about multiplayer with FRIENDS? nothing is better than mario kart, street fighter, or gears/halo

i just play games like brain training, spb brain evolution or brain party, just a few games, where i can train my brain and just play short games, come on guys, SERIOUS GAMING and real FUN gaming must stay at home, with a decent HD-TV, SURROUND SYSTEM and internet connection!

so i dont miss anything =)