Active Topics

Closed Thread
Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by anthonie View Post
I have always taken these type of comments about step 4/5 as ROT, the opposite of FUD: Reckless, Overconfident and Trusting.
what makes you say that? please see my post above. I am so kind that I am willing to give you the direct link because I cannot be certain you can find it at all:
http://webcast.nokia.com/CCUIv3/fram...lash-video-500
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

The Following User Says Thank You to ossipena For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
what makes you say that? please see my post above. I am so kind that I am willing to give you the direct link because I cannot be certain you can find it at all:
go to 60 minutes and he clearly states this step 4 and we have 1 step left to go

edit if you watch from 58 minutes he goes through 5 step program

Last edited by NvyUs; 2010-09-03 at 07:00.

Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by chaoscreater View Post
ya exactly. People need to read that i only posted this as an idea for Nokia to *possibly* promote the N900 in terms of sales and its users, rather just an experimental device. The N900 lacks apps and games in general, and could still use some of the decent symbian apps if it were to be able to run symbian somehow.

Sure the symbian is a crappy OS, but it's still being used by Nokia. If i'm not wrong, the upcoming N9 will be supporting symbian, correct?? So why not let N900 run it as well? I can't imagine why some of u are always this negative on the community and attempt to flame or share only negativity upon any suggestion or idea posted by the OP, and yes i'm looking at you "atilla", u manage to spam 2 of my topics already, if ur this bored go get a life and stop posting useless comments in my topic or at anyone's topic.

Anyway, people port Android to the N900, as well as on the iPhone and other Windows Mobile devices and we all like this. And yet i suggest a possibility for Nokia to implement Symbian, which is their own proprietary software, and some of u guys think it's a stupid idea and fail in general?? We'll be able to get more usage out of the phone, whether the symbian is a crappy os or not or whether the apps sucks or not, as long as we get to use additional features and options then it's always a plus. It's *OPTIONAL* for u to use it or not.

It wouldn't be hard for Nokia to implement that since Symbian IS Nokia after all. What are the downsides to this anyway?? I can't imagine there being any.

Lastly, i read a while ago that Nokia still wants to improve Symbian as they'll be releasing Symbian 3 or something. They could still use the N900 as a test device so why not?

And yes, aside from a few hardware differences between the N900 and N97, the main biggest difference is the OS.
If you wasn't so up thight.. you would realise that it's you who start all the flaming. This time you ask for peoples opinions.. and when they give you it.. you take it as flame because they don't agree with you?!? Get a life dude...

Make your desktop look awesome - use the AwOken Theme with the AwOken Icon Theme.

Add me on twitter @almehdin
Visit the swedish maemo/meego community forums

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 1,127 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
Thanks for the link, though I had not actively been looking for it. Why I consider the 4/5 thesis to be an optimistic one? Simple, Nokia has a reputation of letting it's clients drop as soon as the money has come in. Meego was or is by many people on the board here considered to be step 5/5 but most people took this whole step-thing to be something available for the n900. I believe we know now that this will not be the case, at least, not from an official point of view.

Personally I don't really care, as I love my device no less and it gives me almost anything I could possibly want.

The Following User Says Thank You to anthonie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 741 | Thanked: 900 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Auckland NZ
Back to the original topic, I would wait until Symbian^3 is released before getting custom rom hackers involved. Symbian^1 probably wouldn't be as exciting a challenge.

The Following User Says Thank You to maluka For This Useful Post:
Posts: 112 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on May 2010 @ New Zealand
the biggest problem is that you weren't here when the information were available and amongst active topics.

ever heard about wikipedia?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nokia_N900
(hint: look at the sources)

there is a simple reason why step 4 thing isn't mentioned in the marketing places (this is where "research before you buy" derives...)
not everyone checks Wikipedia and it's not fully accurate anyway. I mean, the guy's point was that it should've and would've been Nokia to put up this critical information and not rely on Wikipedia to inform the users. It's kinda the wrong way round, dun u think?

Sure it's a 4/5 step device. I knew this as i did my research be4 i bought it. But im sure the majority aren't happy with the way that Nokia is supporting its users right now. Whatever happened to the flash 10.1 as promised?? They drop a majority of its support and the fact remains is that people are dropping it for another device.

Originally Posted by anthonie View Post
You ask about confirmation regarding a high-end Nokia device? A Nokia device? Perhaps you could show us your sources or the N9 specs running Symbian? Untill the device comes out, id est, is officially announced any conversation will be speculation.

I havenīt been up to date either, but a quick glance over at the Wiki page taught me itīs open source since februari 2010.

I canīt help but wondering, after reading this thread and your comments, what you yourself are able and willing to contribute to such a project as porting Symbian to the N900. You talk about "we", yet you get angry at anyone who gives a bit of opposition to your expressed ideas. If there is such a thing as "we", regarding this particular idea of yours, how come you seem to have so much trouble taking a bit of criticism? I suppose you are aware that a lot of people who own the N900 are higher than average tech-savy people that tend to be fairly critical at any technology being thrown at them. Thatīs how they became tech-savy... So I guess my question(s) would boil down to this: what kind of road map do you have, in terms of specs and requirements and how are you going to win people over to this project in order to help you?

Well, i don't have any sources and never said i do. But i did say that Googling for Nokia N9 showed results that it's possible to be a symbian device. But after u told me that it is a Meego device, Googling around showed that as well. But anyway it doesn't matter, until the full specs and info gets released, it could be either. Anyway, that was just my example which doesn't count anymore, but my other points still stand valid.

As for the project thing, i'm just talking about me a bunch of my m8s try to port this ourselves. I'm not by all means asking anyone on this community to help me, nor am i saying that i'll be making this whole thing public. It'll just be a private thing. But i posted this idea in the first place just asking people if it's a good idea for Nokia to do this themselves since it'll be much easier if they do, since they're familiar with their own devices and Symbian.

And criticism is ok but it has to be constructive at least. If u read on page 1, those people that criticized aren't constructive at all. Those comments are pointless and i consider those spam. Maybe u should read properly next time.

Not to mention that the very same guy "atilla" spammed my topics twice in the last 2 days. In the other topic, he simply jumped in randomly during this argument i had with another guy and posted

"F.U.C.K
Y.O.U.R.S.E.L.F"

and u call that criticism huh?

Originally Posted by AlMehdi View Post
If you wasn't so up thight.. you would realise that it's you who start all the flaming. This time you ask for peoples opinions.. and when they give you it.. you take it as flame because they don't agree with you?!? Get a life dude...
SIGH.

On page 1, here's what some people posted:

Originally Posted by atilla View Post
the only difference between n97 and n900 is the os??
what the ****????
Originally Posted by atilla View Post
jeah ahhhmm...
its..........
just...................
funny............
Originally Posted by m0da View Post
who the **** wants symbian on their n900

and i don't even mind. But what i replied was targetting at "atilla" mainly. I don't mind a few criticisms here and there but that very same guy spammed 2 of my topics in 2 days, in the other topic he simply jumped in out of nowhere and told me to F* myself basically. It was random as hell, as i was having this argument with another guy and he just spammed my topic with comments after another, and now spammed this topic as well.

If u actually READ from page 1 to 4, u'll see our back & forth replies.

But w/e, i dun give a **** anymore.

Last edited by chaoscreater; 2010-09-03 at 08:55.

Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
That's odd - a couple of days ago you said you'd added atilla to your ignore list - why'd you un-ignore him if he's causing you so much offence?

And seriously dude, take a chill pill and find out what a spammer is.

The Following User Says Thank You to jedi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 112 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on May 2010 @ New Zealand
Originally Posted by jedi View Post
That's odd - a couple of days ago you said you'd added atilla to your ignore list - why'd you un-ignore him if he's causing you so much offence?

And seriously dude, take a chill pill and find out what a spammer is.
And i also said that there's no such option to block someone from posting a reply/comment in your topic. I'd have to be at least a moderator or admin to do that.

And i am chilled. Maybe u should read page 2~4 and see who's the one that's pissed, me or him.

not everyone checks Wikipedia and it's not fully accurate anyway. I mean, the guy's point was that it should've and would've been Nokia to put up this critical information and not rely on Wikipedia to inform the users. It's kinda the wrong way round, dun u think?
wikipedia was the shortest path to the source. care to elaborate what wasn't fully accurate in the wikipedia compared to the source?

yeah, just like apple announced that iPhone 4 has major design flaw and it is their fault.... (again that is why one should do some research before buying)
Google Custom Search

Whatever happened to the flash 10.1 as promised??
promised where?
Google Custom Search

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ossipena For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
stop thinking