yeah, i used the Nitdroid installer. i don't really like the idea of over clocking my N900, so that why i thought of changing it back. i read that the installer automatically clocks the N900 to 700mhz (or was it 750mhz). so the installer did not overclock my phone?

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ South-Africa
If you boot NITdroid then the fone is overclocked to MAX of 700MHz, but once you boot back to Normal kernel then nothing is overclocked.

The Following User Says Thank You to louispires For This Useful Post:
ohh so if i boot back to Maemo, it won't be overclocked? it only overclocks when i boot Nitdroid? i'm very new to this field; as new as to not know what kernels are! so i apologize in advance for my incompetence

Posts: 1,210 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ hamburg,germany
Originally Posted by louispires View Post
If you boot NITdroid then the fone is overclocked to MAX of 700MHz, but once you boot back to Normal kernel then nothing is overclocked.
thanks for this info dude.
so i guess my warranty is blown away???

Nobody likes us but we dont care....

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ South-Africa
Yes Armand360, if you boot back to Maemo(Kernel) then nothing is overclocked!

@atilla
I dont think your warranty is gone, coz how are they gonna know you overclocked it.. If it isnt overclocked when you send it in for repairs/whatever. Then i dont think the will notice it..

I had my N900 for 3 months now and i started overclocking it about a month ago lol

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to louispires For This Useful Post:
thank you for your help louispires! now i feel much more better knowing that my N900 isn't overclocked. i'm planning on keeping this phone for a while, so i wouldn't want to fry my processor!

Posts: 1,210 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ hamburg,germany
Originally Posted by Armand360 View Post
thank you for your help louispires! now i feel much more better knowing that my N900 isn't overclocked. i'm planning on keeping this phone for a while, so i wouldn't want to fry my processor!
dont worry 700 mhz is far away from being fryed
dont forget that our great holy ARM CORTEX A8 is underclocked by default because battery drain

Nobody likes us but we dont care....