Notices

I wonder how hard it is to port this onto the older Maemo OS. Got my n900 stolen a couple of month back but still got my n810 with me...Crossing my finger for a port soon...

Originally Posted by confusedfella View Post
so when i remove the n900 my ps3 will go back to normal? and ill be able to play online without any hitch from sony?
Uncertain at this point.

But if online play is important to you. Then you should not jailbreak. Be it with the N900 or the official PSJailbreak USB stick.

You never know what Sony might do in the next PS3 update.

I don't play much online, so not a big deal for me.

Originally Posted by mr_xzibit View Post
hey guys great work btw. but i have to ask as nobody has answered. will this affect online. i sure dont wonna get banned playing my own backups? this is just gonna get patched asap by sony surely? as its an open piracy door? back em up. trade em in. borrow from john. rent from blockbuster. etc.... or is it too good to be true?
As usual, go online at your own risk. If you really DO have the original games, just whip it out and play online with the originals.

Posts: 87 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Southern California
I'll put this ln the fatty I pulled offline to avoid losing OtherOS and leave my Slim alone

Originally Posted by Cue View Post
this is very interesting. A bit off topic, but, how is the PS3 scene nowadays anyway, can we restore game saves from another ps3 hdd yet? I had used dd to copy my old ps3 encrypted hdd in the hope that one day I can restore my saves on the new ps3. For now my data is in a cryogenic state in the hope that somebody can bring it back to life.
By game saves, you mean copies of the blu-ray disks? Or like save data for levels and stuff?

Save data was easily shared around until Trophy system kicked in. So now in many cases Joe can't use Jack's saved play throughs.

As for copies of blu-ray disks. There is a I believe an .iso to JB convertor:
http://www.ps3news.com/PS3-Hacks/ps3...lbreak-format/

The Following User Says Thank You to Corso85 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 163 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London UK
Has anyone tried the NTFS compatible backupmanager?

Originally Posted by crsnwby View Post
Has anyone tried the NTFS compatible backupmanager?
not yet released. as far as i know.

really for a newbie here, what is this do ? like back up the whole iso game in back up manager and play the game from backup manager without using the bluray ? how big is a game bluray ? around 40-50G ? so a normal internal 250GB can only back up around up to 5 games.

Posts: 163 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London UK
Originally Posted by ryanl33x1511 View Post
really for a newbie here, what is this do ? like back up the whole iso game in back up manager and play the game from backup manager without using the bluray ? how big is a game bluray ? around 40-50G ? so a normal internal 250GB can only back up around up to 5 games.
Games are usually between 4 and 12Gb so if you have 1TB drive you can hold a lot more than 5 games. Remember most games are also on xbox 360 also dual layer DVD 8.5Gb.

Originally Posted by Corso85 View Post
By game saves, you mean copies of the blu-ray disks? Or like save data for levels and stuff?

Save data was easily shared around until Trophy system kicked in. So now in many cases Joe can't use Jack's saved play throughs.

As for copies of blu-ray disks. There is a I believe an .iso to JB convertor:
http://www.ps3news.com/PS3-Hacks/ps3...lbreak-format/
thanks for the link Corso, may come in handy in the future. I meant save games and game data. The username is the same on both just the ps3 is different. I had an old ps3 which I replaced but backed up the hdd of the old ps3 using dd in linux. If you place the old hdd to a new ps3 you are asked to format it and can't recover your game saves or any other data, including game data and even photos, because it is encrypted to a given ps3 system. : (