Posts: 243 | Thanked: 146 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Knowhere
The power search is on the right hand side of this page (and in my signature). Matts76 meant that you should uninstall one application and then reboot and test. Repeat the process until the problem stops.

If you are going to start with a freshly flashed device then you install applications one or two at a time so that you can possibly narrow the problem down.

http://wiki.maemo.org/Frequently_asked_questions
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nokia_N900
http://wiki.maemo.org/N900

ok...I used the power search before.

I did not reboot after deinstalling each application, but after deinstalling every application, and the problem did not stop!

maybe the problem doesn't correlate with the applications!?! what do you think?

I assume you are not overclocking!

I would reflash with both the FIASIO and EMMC images (in that order) and NOT doing a restore. Then set up your email again with out doing any other mods. Then try out the email app again just in case you have an error in the backed up settings.

Originally Posted by JonWW View Post
I assume you are not overclocking!

I would reflash with both the FIASIO and EMMC images (in that order) and NOT doing a restore. Then set up your email again with out doing any other mods. Then try out the email app again just in case you have an error in the backed up settings.
that means with the vanilla image and then the normal one? why not overclocking it?

sooner on the day I installed all of the apps from the backup, because i thought it has to be another reason than the apps, because it didn't work either without the apps...and someone told me to type in dmesg in the terminal (I don't know what effect this might cause)...but after these things it worked! i could writhe e-mails and short messages...but know the error reappeared!

Maybe I flash it again and don't use the backup. instead i connect it with my old n95 to regain the things...

Over clocking might introduce odd behaviours that might not force the phone to reboot. Just wanted to rule out all possible causes of you problem.
I wanted to see if the errors occured on a clean phone. If they do then ask Nokia for a replacement handset.

ok, I will do that, and test it a couple of days.

thanks a lot!

another question; is it necessary to delete the memory card?

No contents of the memory card is safe from a reflash

pwd, did you ever find the answer to your problem? I just got the same problem yesterday and I cant seem to figure out what it is...

I did overclock my phone with titans kernel but it was running fine for about a few weeks, so I'm not sure if it is the overclocking..