Active Topics

And be aware that not all their tweets are about #maemo, #n900, or #meego
I know one of them where you have to bare his music and song writing tweets

The Following User Says Thank You to dana.s For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
in all seriousness, there was a thread here with a list of twitter names. Just can't find it offhand...
Psst! "maemo.org Community on Twitter: List your Twitter name if you want"

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Posts: 559 | Thanked: 1,017 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Finland
I must be really slow... That thread is stickied, is in the same section than this thread and has Twitter written twice in the title. And yet I managed to miss it.

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by OVK View Post
I must be really slow... That thread is stickied, is in the same section than this thread and has Twitter written twice in the title. And yet I managed to miss it.
No, you're fine. I stickied the thread after searching it up for my reply to Texrat here.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Posts: 246 | Thanked: 204 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Potsdam (Germany)
Originally Posted by qgil View Post
Fair point. I just created http://identi.ca/quimgil and now I'm looking for the simplest way to sync with the Twitter account. Lazyweb, can you help?
I'm also interested in a good soulution for this. It should not be done in applications. It should work like the twitter to facebook integration.

Any ideas how to do that?

Me on twitter

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
I'm not really familiar with twitter, but from what I read, Twitter to statusnet (=identi.ca) needs 3rd party help at the moment - like posting from a client that supports it or posting to a web service (like ping.fm) that will send the tweets to both.

The other way (posting to statusnet account, sync to twitter) works out of the box, but isn't really an option if twitter is your main channel. (you'd miss all the buzz your tweets create ...)

the developer roadmap for the statusnet software says "pushing from twitter" is in the works (so sync would work in both ways without 3rd party support), but i haven't found information on when they think they'll provide it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Follow new packages on Twitter (@maemoextras)

If you want to be informed when new packages enter the Extras-Testing repository, you might want to follow maemoextras on Twitter.
that can be helpful as well