Notices

Posts: 411 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by fieldofcows View Post
Just to whet your appetite! Yes, it is working but there is still a way to go.
Looking forward to helping you out with this!

Not sure if it's something you've already considered or added (hard to tell by the pics) but I gave a photo a vintage effect for an ad I did yesterday, and found that the lens effect in photoshop has an option to correct the colour bleed.

Here's the original:

If you look at the following pic (which is obviously after the processing) you'll see that by applying this effect (which as far as I can tell is maybe achieved by splitting the pic into 4 colours, zooming them all to a slightly different degree and then overlaying them) and then I added a tiny bit of zoom blur.

This gives what you can see - the centre of the image is fine and in focus, but towards the edge the colours start to bleed and the image starts to become blurry. Then I applied a vignette around the edge...

Posts: 44 | Thanked: 186 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Worthing, West Sussex, England
Just to let you all know, I am still working on Classic Cam and I'm still hoping to get it ready for the coding competition which is only a couple of weeks away. I've got a few loose ends to tidy up then I'll put it in extras-devel for the brave ones amongst you to try.

I've got a few planned enhancements for Classic Print as well such as more frame options (and a better looking frame) as well as maybe incorporating some of the suggestions from this thread. I'll keep you posted!

The current package of Classic Print in extras-testing has 9 votes at the moment. One more and I'll be able to promote it to the main extras repository, so if you like it then please vote!

The Following User Says Thank You to fieldofcows For This Useful Post:
ummm, how do we actually vote?
I was looking for that once but was too lazy so i gave up before i found it :-)

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by itaychi View Post
ummm, how do we actually vote?
I was looking for that once but was too lazy so i gave up before i found it :-)

please don't vote if you don't know about packagetesting.
(what's the point of testing criteria no-one knows about?) But if you want to find out, it shouldn't take more than 10 minutes before you can vote:

http://wiki.maemo.org/Help_testing_software
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Last edited by ossipena; 2010-07-08 at 05:27.

The Following User Says Thank You to ossipena For This Useful Post:
Posts: 44 | Thanked: 186 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Worthing, West Sussex, England
Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
please don't vote if you don't know about packagetesting
No need to shout

But you're right. I in my previous post I should not have requested voting based on whether you like the application or not. It should have read "If you have taken the time to test the application then please vote". The testing process is vitally important to a good end user experience.

Anyway, thanks to all the testers that have taken the time to evaluate and test my application. The last required vote has been cast so it now has 10 positive votes and can be promoted.

The Following User Says Thank You to fieldofcows For This Useful Post:
Phew, it's been a busy few weeks!

I haven't had much time for developing classic print or classic cam recently due to other commitments but I have been trying my best to devote as much time as possible. Finally, I think Classic Cam is ready to be used.

Please be aware that I haven't yet done much testing myself so cannot guarantee that you will not encounter problems. I'm also not that happy with the user interface, particularly with how presets are selected. I've had a number of recommendations in this area for Classic Print and will try to work on this very soon.

I've submitted Classic Print to the extras-devel repository. Feel free to give it a go and let me know what you think. I'll update the first page of this thread with some instructions shortly. When installing using the app manager, make sure it reports that version 0.1-8 is being installed. Any previous versions will not work correctly at all.

Posts: 3 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Switzerland
Fielddofcows: It's my really first post here and I just want to congratulate you, as Classic Cam is probably one of the best app I've installed in my N900 !!

Thank you

fieldofcows: This application looks really promising, can't wait till I can test it. I tried the Classic Print applications a while ago and I liked it a lot.
But to have it integrated in an camera application makes it really much more useful.

Hope to get back my N900 on Monday so I can test this, and a big thanks for taking time to develop such a great application. Thanks!

Its a wonderful application, my most used after Opera Mobile.

I got a suggestion, perhaps if one could choose not to use the white frame and instead have some torn borders, dont know if that the exact term for it hopefully someone understands. In my oppinion that would make the picture look a bit older as well.

Posts: 71 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Malaysia
it looks like the frame cant be adjusted even it is set at the setting.