Posts: 185 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ The Netherlands
I one time let my n81 fall in bleach water for 1-2 second. i turned off the device removed the battery and used a vacuumcleaner to suck in every hole. So the speakerholes, headphone plug, batteryhole. After a few hours the phone started to work again. This was 2 years ago and the phone still works

i went to a beach with my daughter and was carrying my N900 in my bag... just to make her stand my bag touched the water (that was damn dirty)...i opened it like after 10 mins and it was all wet..i took my cell out that had little sand on it and was little wet, thus i tried to switch it on but it FAILED !!!! then after an hour i took out the battery and cover but soon assembled it again as i thought it has dried up ! all this happened last month ! i gave it to a mobile repairing shop but they failed to repair it !! the slide ribbon was also damaged but it has been replaced now ! but i cannot switch it on !!!!!!! plzz help me i used to love my celllll !!! any useful suggestions for me ?

and i dont think that rice thing will work for me as it has been a month now !!!!

Posts: 150 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ California, USA
Ok today My N900 got drenched in Ocean water when i was in the beach. So, I tried to dry it as much as possible and looked like water didn't go inside the battery cover just the keypad and under the slider. So, I stupidly tried to turn on the phone and it will turn on and once the NOKIA logo appeared it turned off. I tried to dry it as much as possible. But going to try the rice method. I did have the battery in there for sometime and tried to turn it on.

I would reapply appreciate if any kind of help or suggestion comes from all the dedicated community member about this problem of mine.

thanks guys.

'Keep your friend close and your enemies closer.'

Posts: 120 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Brisbane, Australia.
Here you are scroll down and read the post by InvinsibleSach .

http://discussions.nokia.com.au/t5/M...rk/m-p/688721#

The Following User Says Thank You to ASIAN For This Useful Post:
Posts: 120 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Brisbane, Australia.
Originally Posted by ear0wax View Post
I always try rice then the oven method (basically evaporating the water out).
Never add heat, that would make it worse

Might also be worth (depending on where you reside) checking your household insurance policy (contents). If you have one.

Mine comes with £5,000 of IT/office equipment cover and my insurer assures me that my N900 is covered by that for accidental damage indoors and out, even abroad.

Posts: 150 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ California, USA
Ok, guys after leaving in the rice box for almost 24 hours, I took the chance to charge the phone. The green light glows but very light. Do you guys think any chance with that n900?

'Keep your friend close and your enemies closer.'

Posts: 26 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Amsterdam
Originally Posted by munkiii View Post
Mine had Kopperberg (link) spilt on it a few weeks ago.

I turned it off immediately and took the battery out. Tried to dry it the best i could on the outside parts. Put it in rice when i got home. Turned it on a few days later, it all looked to be working... until i tried to use the wifi or my sim card. Everything worked except any type of network connection
Hi,

I have exactly the same problem but due a different liquid. I used the phone for a while but did find the WIFI to be indispensable so i tried to fix it using the make it wet and put it in oven method last friday. I was very pleased (surprised) that this actually worked. However now a few day's later the WIFI stopped working again.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
My suggestion is take the battery out, put the phone in the water again. Put it in the rice for 1 week. ANd try turn it on.

The mistake is you've left the battery inside after the water gone in. And the secondly stupid thing is turned it on when it still wet.

Try disassemble it and clean the board with Methanol and dry it in the sun. It might fix the problem.