Posts: 65 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Finland@Turku
Originally Posted by Superrei View Post
I found that only Full Sync will work. Auto-sync triggered by scheduler is not working. Anyone have solution other than using NuevaSync?
I use the "standard" Mfe that ships with the N900 and it works great. Don't use any fancy features (if there are any?).

I had the same problem at different points in time. Reason for my problem was:
  • I didn't nuke my contacts nor calendar notes on the N900 before configuring Mfe for Google
  • I had synched the phone with PC Suite and OVI Suite

Finally I did a clean re-install of my phone, flashed eMMC and the lots and before anyting else configured MfE. Of course this requires you to have the contacts/calendar notes stored on your Google account already. Now MfE just works and works.
A bit of work but I recommend that. I do not synch against anything else.
Only problem I have found that you can't add photo to contact in N900, then it won't synch. Add the photo in Google's Contacts and it will show up in your phone after synching.

Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
And how does it work if you use Hermes to grab additional information from web pages?

Originally Posted by ivgalvez View Post
And how does it work if you use Hermes to grab additional information from web pages?

Originally Posted by jerra View Post
  • I didn't nuke my contacts nor calendar notes on the N900 before configuring Mfe for Google
Nuke the contacts and calendar? How about I have some new contact entries on my phone and wants to sync it to Google Contact?

Posts: 650 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Ghent, Belgium
he means at the original sync.

Mine stopped syncing recently, So I cleared the calendar and did a full resync again, that made it all work again.

Originally Posted by Superrei View Post
Nuke the contacts and calendar? How about I have some new contact entries on my phone and wants to sync it to Google Contact?
Yes I know that is a problem. A few months ago I sat at my PC and moved my contacts from OVI to Google. I considered it a one time job although it took some time getting it done. Good thing was I got to delete old ones etc.
This is only a problem the first time you setup MfE, after it will synch just fine both ways.

I don't have much experience of MfE, in fact 3 months ago I didn't even know what MfE was... but anyhoo these are my experiences with it.

Originally Posted by jerra View Post
I had the same problem at different points in time. Reason for my problem was:
  • I had synched the phone with PC Suite and OVI Suite
Yes! I think the key is to start with a clean calendar and contact list. Thanks so much. Now everything works perfectly.

BTW, I use erminig-ng to sync with google calendars, which allows you to sync multiple calendars. I mean you can have multiple calendars on N900 and multiple calendars on google. And they'll sync individually.

Last edited by ddwalker; 2010-09-05 at 17:40.

Can anyone confirm that Tasks can actually be synched using MfE?

I have setup and synched calendar and contacts, but n900 tasks are not showing up in gmail, and test gmail tasks are not showing up on the n900.

Nuevasync does not appear to support Gmail tasks, but rather Toodledo and 37signals Highrise accounts, and it costs $25 per year for the addition of that capability. I would just like my n900 tasks to sync with gmail tasks.

Thanks

Does anyone know how to fix the problem with syncing contact with google not working when the contact have avatar? I can sync my contact between google and my phone no problem, but if add an avatar to my contact it will not sync, just time out and said sync fail. Thanks

I would just like to restate how easy Nuevasync is for basic "outlook style" syncing of contacts and calendar. I only wish the N900's calendar was a little more friendly in Month view. I just have a few multicolored lines, doesn't really tell me anything.