Notices

hmm okay i tried that but when it goes back to the xmb it doesnt show the game that i selected, it only shows the game that is inserted.. would someone help me please im going crazy with this..

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by Juanma9 View Post
hmm okay i tried that but when it goes back to the xmb it doesnt show the game that i selected, it only shows the game that is inserted.. would someone help me please im going crazy with this..
on second page there is patched psgroove that enables backup, the official doesn't support it

The Following User Says Thank You to ZogG For This Useful Post:
Could someone help me? I have followed the guide on the first page but I'm not still able to backup games with either of the backup managers. Problem is that I do not have options to backup game to either external or internal hard drive. I only see game in the backup manager but no options at all. I am using Titan's power kernel and have used patched power version of files.

Has anyone experienced the same problem?

ZogG thats not my problem.. i already have the manager working, i do the back up of the game but then when i try to load it from the manager it jus takes me back to the ps3 menu and nothing happens.. and the backed up game that im trying to load doesnt show, it only shows the game that is inserted in the reader.. maybe the game im trying is not compatible. ive tried both fifa 09 and nba live 09

i looked it up and fifa 09 is in the working list..so what could be the problem im having? could someone help me please. thanks in advance.

Posts: 3 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted by Juanma9 View Post
i looked it up and fifa 09 is in the working list..so what could be the problem im having? could someone help me please. thanks in advance.
ZogG was completely correct. Without the patched version, this exact issue happens where the game on the XMB is not changed to the one you selected in the Backup Manager.

Just download the patched version for your kernel from the first post.

The Following User Says Thank You to AshuraZro For This Useful Post:
just FYI, this is abit wierd but only some of the games are going back to XMB before enabling to lauch the backup.

For Example: launching NBA 2010 backup will go straight to the game while God Of War 3 backup will first go to XMB and then you could launch it as the disc was inside.

Clearly im pretty thick but........

Installed rootsh and openssh.

Opened the n900 on the pc in mass storage mode and copied the 3 files to the root folder.

Went to x terminal and typed what it says on the front page.

Not working.

Which part of the idiot guide am i failing on and can someone simplifiy it further as im stumped.

Posts: 3 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Ontario, Canada
If you used Mass Storage mode, then you did not read and follow the guide in the first post correctly. It directs you to use your local network and winscp to send the files and not a usb connection.

Originally Posted by AshuraZro View Post
If you used Mass Storage mode, then you did not read and follow the guide in the first post correctly. It directs you to use your local network and winscp to send the files and not a usb connection.
oh ok. is there anyway to do it without that as i dont have wifi?