I have my PAC coming in the next 7 days via post and a penalty-free cancellation! Check the thread over on the Vodafone forums

Posts: 242 | Thanked: 86 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ UK/Scotland
which part of the forums we supposed to be looking at? cause I can't find anything in the n900 part

Never mind I found it
http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/topic/71.../page__st__340

Cantonese Pen Power Input is only available in Hong Kong...SUX!

Last edited by Ykho; 2010-09-07 at 00:09.

Posts: 163 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London UK
Im confused now... on VF My Account says "Your Plan comes with 300 minutes + Unlimited Texts with Mobile Internet and Vodafone Passport"

Is this unlimited internet?

the way i see it is this

anyone who took out the n900 from launch from MPD or the noka flagship sotre on vodafone would have been ssold the device with "unlimited" internet thos who go over 500mb each month like i do usually about 2.5gb a month for me are entitled to cancel for instance

my bill is £40 a month for my voice texts and data if they add new charge in from 1st october and i do 2.5gb i will need to pay £20 on top of my bill for each lot of 500mb over my first 500allowance

increasing my bill by more than 10% giving me justification to cancel penalty free

if however u took out a plan recently after june and u were sold 500mb of data not "unlimited" then you are not entitled to cancel as nothing has changed for you unlike us who were sold "unlimited" and have now been told "unlimited" really means 500mb and then extra charges

im waiting for the magic text even though i have done over 1.5gb this month as soon as i get it im writing that letter and getting the f**k away from vodaFAIL never to returm

had the email back from Directors Office saying I need to send in writing, which I did over a week ago and that they would be in touch.

Fingers crossed, new toy on its way

so how long does it take for them to get back to you once you send the letter to them?

WHAT kind of idiots do they employ in Vodafone's office?

I got yet another reply to my emails with the Directors office just now

You can see it below a copy of the email reply I just sent them.

Note the subject I used in the email

Sent: 08 September 2010 17:14
To: 'Vodafone Directors Office'
Subject: For the attention of anyone who can actually read emails properly and know the difference between an email about cancellation, and one querying out of bundle charges I.E. NOT Karen Johnson
Importance: High

The email was NOT regarding out of bundle charges
It was regarding cancelling my Vodafone contract.

It would have taken no more time to write “we will be accepting your cancellation, you will get notification by letter shortly”
Or
“We will not be accepting your cancellation, you will get notification by letter shortly”

I see this email again as a “delaying tactic” to enable the charges to be applied to my account before you tell me that you have either accepted or rejected the cancellation of the contract.

If the letter does in fact state you will not be accepting my cancellation be under no illusions, I will take this to trading standards, an official complaint to Ofcom, it and every contact I’ve had/to Vodafone will be made public by any means necessary including any media company I choose
And I will be taking legal action in the courts.

As stated in my previous email, It has now been 16 days since the first cancellation letter I sent was RECEIVED by Vodafone
to which have had no reply to whatsoever.

I gave you until Tuesday the 7th September (15 days since receipt of the cancellation notice) to respond you have not
It is now the 8th September and I am not pleased in any way whatsoever by Vodafone’s actions and I would guess that any judge will feel the same.
It does not take 16 days to say yes or no, and I should not have had to provide you with “proof” of how much you may charge me when you have the information available at your fingertips on your computer systems.

From: Vodafone Directors Office [mailto:VodafoneDirectorsOffice@gb.vodafone.co.uk]
Sent: 08 September 2010 **20 minutes ago**(inserted by me)
To: me@myemailaddress.com
Subject: Vodafone

Good Afternoon *******

Thanks for your email regarding out of bundle charges.

I can confirm that we are currently reviewing this matter and we will be back in contact with you shortly via letter.

Kind Regards

Karen Johnson
Directors Office
Vodafone Limited
Registered Office
Vodafone House, The Connection,
Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 2FN
Registered in England - 1471587

Originally Posted by Ykho View Post
so how long does it take for them to get back to you once you send the letter to them?
I've been waiting 16 dayys so far since the first letter I sent was signed for by staff in the Vodafone office

dont hold your breath while waiting.

Posts: 247 | Thanked: 106 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Coventry, UK
i just got an sms! which is nice.... odd use of question marks tho!

Thanks for your recent email.?

We would usually give you a full reply within 24 hours however we are still looking into the details of your query, therefore you may experience a slight delay.?

We thank you for your patience and promise to be back to you within the next 24 hours.
?
Vodafone.

http://pininthemap.com/maemo
masterpin: shotgun

Originally Posted by lew247 View Post
I've been waiting 16 dayys so far since the first letter I sent was signed for by staff in the Vodafone office

dont hold your breath while waiting.
well it's just been a week since I sent mine

You would think that they would be acting a bit more sharply than this if they are receiving a bunch of letters all at once from n900 users who wish to cancel

Tags
vodafone con