Notices

Originally Posted by bewrong View Post
currently trying to learn about jailbreak, but this may ba a stupid question but where do you get the 3 ps3 files

psfreedom.ko
psfreedom-enable.sh
psfreedom-disable.sh
These files are on the first page of this Thread http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=61669 and info for you second question too..

OK, i got my back up manager working(patched) and even backed up a game(mid night club), but im having trouble loading the game, i tried its with the resident evil CD.. its just takes me back to the xmb and show the original CD in the ps3. can some one please help me..

i might have got the whole patch thing wrong maybe, can someone explain.. thanks..

Posts: 163 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London UK
Download from this forum the correck N900 files from post 1. You have the wrong files on the phone. The ones you have on dont have the code change to BDVD in the code.

Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
You don't need to use PC anymore.
Just simply adjusting your DNS to this IP subnet.

DNS: 67.202.81.137

No need LoganTool.
Thats fine, if you trust the person on the other side but it can be a security risk.

Originally Posted by crsnwby View Post
Download from this forum the correck N900 files from post 1. You have the wrong files on the phone. The ones you have on dont have the code change to BDVD in the code.
ok heres the thing, even if i do have the wrong files on my phone, so i download the new working files.. and try to move them to the root AGAIN.. will this do the whole replacing of the old files?? cuz i already tried this.. got the new files, did the whole untar, and it was working, but i duno if its reading the old "sh psfreedom-enable.sh" or the new one.. confusing much ha :P

lemme know if you can help.. thanks

Has anybody updated? would this by any chance block the online or the hack?

Originally Posted by pharaoh92 View Post
Has anybody updated? would this by any chance block the online or the hack?
3.42 firmware blocks all current jailbreak solutions from working, including N900 version. The original PSJailbreak team claims that they will have an updated version available of their product, but I doubt that.

If you don't update you can't connect to PSN or play on-line. There's a trick that allows to stay with 3.41 and still connect to PSN. This involves using a proxy that captures the traffic to PSN update server and sends a false response to PS3.

More info: http://rvlution.net/forums/viewtopic...8e572e33274ce6

The Following User Says Thank You to Hai For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by Cue View Post
Thats fine, if you trust the person on the other side but it can be a security risk.
Well, you know what LoganTool using that proxy as well.
That is the PSN network prox, as I did a few research. Afterall it only bypassing the updating server.

Here is my little video I've made. This is a tutorial for those who wants to bypassing the stupid rediculously Firmware update every frigging month. I hate the update, I hate it when I lost my OtherOS from my PS3. R.I.P YDL6.2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHhbrvaPnI8

After all the person who hosting it also is one of us, who doesn't like updating firmware that doesn't really give you any benefit other than that it took away features.

Why update if the update is changes nothing? Meanwhile, not updating yet also a good thing, there have been some reports about this 3.42 killed people PS3s. So I'm saying I'll stay low until further needs

Last edited by maxximuscool; 2010-09-08 at 12:22.

The Following User Says Thank You to maxximuscool For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by TH3ORY View Post
These files are on the first page of this Thread http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=61669 and info for you second question too..
that's the reason why i'm asking cause i've already been through all of the external links and no psfreedom.ko

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
FYI, The DNS trick may only work for as long SONY didn't block it. So for the time being it is up and running, but for how long? NO one know!