Notices

Poll: What are you missing in horizontal-call?
Poll Options
What are you missing in horizontal-call?

Posts: 702 | Thanked: 334 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel.
New version 0.8-2 is hereby released!
  • Added libqtm-contacts(>=1.0.2) to Dependencies, this should now be installable through application manager.
Refer to the Original Post for details + download
| DonateMe - If you feel I helped you in a very good way, feel free to donate |

The Following User Says Thank You to eitama For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rantom View Post
I got the update (installed via .deb), thanks for this. However, there's still no buttons for ÄÖÅ (Scandinavian alphabets), I assume theses are coming along? Also, should I worry about this log, since I got it whilst updating with your commands on X-Term?

http://www.pastebin.com/YvSdsnLt

Sorry though that it's not the whole log, couldn't get it.
You shouldn't be too worried about the errors in the X-Term, version 0.8-2 is now in application-manager and doesn't require any more X-Term stuff.
About the scansinavian chars, I don't know if I can do anything about it, If Hebrew works, I expected everything else to work (:
Can you put a screenshot with the problematic contacts? do they appear on the right side list?

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by eitama View Post
You shouldn't be too worried about the errors in the X-Term, version 0.8-2 is now in application-manager and doesn't require any more X-Term stuff.
About the scansinavian chars, I don't know if I can do anything about it, If Hebrew works, I expected everything else to work (:
Can you put a screenshot with the problematic contacts? do they appear on the right side list?
No need to post a screenshot. Names do appear just fine. I meant, that there's no buttons to type on, the so called umlauts (äöå). So I mean, that I can't search for e.g. Äällö Öökkölä (not a real name, obviously).

Last edited by rantom; 2010-08-19 at 17:15.

That's what I meant.

@Rantom and DaSilva,
Please, if you can find the time, use Control + Shift + P and take some screenshots with contacts that include those letters, I want to see how they appear in the list of contacts and the buttons that appear or do not appear.

Thanks!

Everything is fine here, was a mistake by me.
Thanks a lot for your work!

Originally Posted by DaSilva View Post
Everything is fine here, was a mistake by me.
Thanks a lot for your work!
Ahhh Great!!! Cause I have no clue how I would have solved your problem (;

Hello eitama, it's me again with the private caller problem.
Since your app is so great and useful i really want to be able to use it and it's completely useless for me for now because no one answers hidden callers (at least in my country lol).
I still have hopes that my problem has some solution and i have tried few ways.
Figured that the code that needs to be sent is *31# (to show my ID which is hidden by default by my operator). I've set the option to show or hide my ID to 'Let network chose' - dialed a friend number and it was hidden. Then i added this code to my friends contact and dialed and good news - number shown. Then i went to Horizontal-Call - refreshed contacts - tried dialing the *31#+123456789 (example only) but when i click on 'Call' it shows 'Dialing...' and in a second or two reverts back to 'Call' option. So is there a way for you to set the *31# code to be sent before every number? The official dialer has no problem dialing the *31#+1234.. number.

Note: I have also installed the *# Starhash Enabler as a last resort to solve my problem but still no go.

Originally Posted by chillout View Post
Hello eitama, it's me again with the private caller problem.
Since your app is so great and useful i really want to be able to use it and it's completely useless for me for now because no one answers hidden callers (at least in my country lol).
I still have hopes that my problem has some solution and i have tried few ways.
Figured that the code that needs to be sent is *31# (to show my ID which is hidden by default by my operator). I've set the option to show or hide my ID to 'Let network chose' - dialed a friend number and it was hidden. Then i added this code to my friends contact and dialed and good news - number shown. Then i went to Horizontal-Call - refreshed contacts - tried dialing the *31#+123456789 (example only) but when i click on 'Call' it shows 'Dialing...' and in a second or two reverts back to 'Call' option. So is there a way for you to set the *31# code to be sent before every number? The official dialer has no problem dialing the *31#+1234.. number.

Note: I have also installed the *# Starhash Enabler as a last resort to solve my problem but still no go.
Check your e-mail (:

Posts: 58 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ NJ, USA
There were no cool apps to enhance the phone feature in N900. Horizontal call is a cool idea. Thanks for the app and works fine for me.

You can check out a small review with screen shots in my blog.

Just a suggestion : This app will be great if the UI can be improved some more with some shadows or fancy buttons.

Great job..!

The Following User Says Thank You to must4get For This Useful Post: