Notices

will this hack bypass the ps2 region lock? i want to play japanese ps2 games on my us ps3...

thanks for the answer another question, can i just test it just to see if i installed it correctly without ruining anything from my ps3?

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by cloudstrife1ph View Post
will this hack bypass the ps2 region lock? i want to play japanese ps2 games on my us ps3...
No, not at the moment anyway, I got USA PS2 region games but can't play on my PS3 because of the Regional differences. I can play some games loading from Ext HDD though.

Originally Posted by bewrong View Post
thanks for the answer another question, can i just test it just to see if i installed it correctly without ruining anything from my ps3?
Yes and No all you can do is enable ./psfreedom-enable.sh and see if your N900 when connected to a computer is charging or not it should not charge also you can’t use as a Mass storage device neither...

Isnt Japan and Us on the same region?? im sure it is??

Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
No, not at the moment anyway, I got USA PS2 region games but can't play on my PS3 because of the Regional differences. I can play some games loading from Ext HDD though.
what if the japanese ps2 game is inside of an external hardrive? still not possible?

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
what if the japanese ps2 game is inside of an external hardrive? still not possible?
I load mine from external HDD but not from using PSfreedom
ISO loader (cutscenes = slower than a slug)

hey about the ftp ps3 thinggy....u can view the PS3 HDD internal and stuff like that...what is the purpose of that ? i mean you can either use backupmanager to back up into Internal HDD or External HDD. so why even use ftp for ? PS3 currently no support for NTFS HDD, so what if you back up game internal HDD then use FTP PS3 to download game you backed up internal from PS3 into computer then put it in NTFS external HDD...that is the only purpose i can think of, then if u want to play your backup game you have to upload back into internal HDD useing ftp...?!!!

Posts: 79 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ holland
Originally Posted by hayman View Post
hallo ,thanx for this great news ...
falllowd every step and every things works fine,,
only one probleem i've backup MY twoo games GOW3 and AC2,and put other game on my ps3 and went to manager and load the GOW3 and ps3 restart and i see the logo of GOW3 and i push play,ps3 say need the orgenal Disk to play...???
any one can help pleasee

i'm using 2.6.28.10 power 40
try to back up Assassin's Creed II to the internal HHD,when i wanna start the game the ps3 freez and if i load the Assassin's Creed II from the extranl HHD it's give the erroe that i have to insert the disk ..
please help
please any one help

Originally Posted by hayman View Post
please any one help
It doesn’t have to be the original disc any game will do.. Also i think AC2 has some issues check out he compatibility list https://spreadsheets.google.com/lv?k...owsperpage=250