Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Originally Posted by Helmuth View Post
Okay, many new possibilities...

Positive and negative:
  • Will he realize the chances of N900 like devices?
  • Will he integrate symbian emulation at meego and discontinue Symbian as a operating system?
  • Will he support his old employer and give us Windows instead of Meego in the future?
Seriously, a CEO can't just change every single thing of a company that easily... Symbian is going nowhere.. neither will MeeGo so calm down a bit.. lol

There's a board of directors btw.. and OPK is one of them.. so yeah..

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bandora For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
This dude could be ****ing Superman and it wouldn't satisfy anybody simply because he's not Finnish.
Actually the response in Finland has been very positive. Two large newspaper reader surveys show 70%+ and 80%+ approval ratings for Nokia's decision.

Having a North American based executive could assist in the abysmal (read: total lack of) advertising in the North American markets - the very same places that double digit share has been lost.
He allready confrimed relocating his base to Helsinki/Espoo.

Regardless, the whole xenophobia that's going on in this thread reeks of ignorance and intolerance.
The poeple in this thread saying he should be finnish appear to be non-finns, so I don't that it qualifies as xenophobia.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
Actually the response in Finland has been very positive. Two large newspaper reader surveys show 70%+ and 80%+ approval ratings for Nokia's decision.
Good to hear.

He allready confrimed relocating his base to Helsinki/Espoo.
Even better to hear.

The poeple in this thread saying he should be finnish appear to be non-finns, so I don't that it qualifies as xenophobia.
Xenophobia means simply that they fear anything that's different than they are... so far, that low-level connotation holds true.

Posts: 635 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Black Mesa Research Facility
Does he care about the N900? If not, he can be CEO of green monkeys in Atlantis for all I care...

Originally Posted by Jack6428 View Post
Does he care about the N900? If not, he can be CEO of green monkeys in Atlantis for all I care...
The reality is, why would any company spend resources on a device they no longer sell and on a OS they have deprecated? Resources such as developers, QA, product managers, builds..

As a CEO, I would want him to utilize those resources on the n9 instead of pleasing a few geek fanboys on a dead product.

But yeah, what Nokia did to the n900 really sucks! The N9 has to really WOW to receive any forgiveness. A 100 dollar trade-in for the n9 against the n900 would not hurt either...

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bugelrex For This Useful Post:
Can anyone send email to new CEO to visit this web site, so he will know what bad service is being provided by Nokia so far for N900 users....

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by cmsjkung View Post
Can anyone send email to new CEO to visit this web site, so he will know what bad service is being provided by Nokia so far for N900 users....
I don't point people to this forum... for good reasons.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
LOL! I knew this would happen, nokia is qucikly falling behind. The guys an idiot, >_> cant say I feel sorry...

Posts: 327 | Thanked: 249 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Λεμεσιανός, ρε!
Originally Posted by drm View Post
For me these are very bad news.
Bad for meego open source because this guy is all for proprietary software.
Bad for symbian for the same reasons
Bad for any final hope of an alternative for this thought that all software has to came from states.

One of the biggest problems of nokia is a war lead by all American carriers, bloggers, news agencies, journalists to any idea of something that it’s not made in Silicon Valley. The inclusion of this potato head has a top general of nokia can’t be read has anything but a final capitulation.
Originally Posted by twigleaf1976 View Post
Read here.
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/07...nifesto_risku/

And then think is having ANOTHER American a good idea. Industry experts would argue not perhaps. Given MS can't organise mobile communication devices and their policy and internal politics can't bring anything of worth to market, not sure Nokia are going in the right direction.

I pity the firm and I my signature even more than ever, stands.
Originally Posted by Peet View Post
Calm down already ossipena.

People (probably) more experienced than you have up to three decades' worth of history with Microsoft's corporate mono culture and also their executives' post-MS tradition of "corporate networking".

Do you reckon people who join Microsoft are either unaware or unsupportive of Microsoft's key corporate objectives of owning (proprietary) "standards" (data formats, protocols etc.) and wiping the floor with all competition, especially of the dangerous open-source kind.

There's little if anything in this guy's CV to suggest that he actually gets Linux and Open Source or open and standards-based collaboration (which also includes Qt, a key technology for Nokia, at least currently) or Nokia's old strength: hardware!

Equally little about him screams charisma (whether we like it or not, a desirable trait in today's world of CEOs).

Does he have experience or connections to fix the issue of lack of early or volume access to some of the latest hardware technologies that are being developed and manufactured in the far east (at key competitors' doorstep, or increasingly by them)?

The "linux idiots" you malign here en masse tend to compute plusses and minuses and whatever their experience tells and end up with rather understandable suspicion, yet tempered by the willing to give this guy a chance to prove himself.

If you've really got unbearable issues with that I can't help you.
Are you people serious? Because he worked at Microsoft (in one of their most profitable divisions, the business software suites, btw), among other companies, you know what his ideas are for the top spot of Nokia? This is daft - you people are acting as if Microsoft acquired Nokia.

So before making more of these statements about what his ideas are, remember: CITATION NEEDED!

http://xkcd.com/285

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to skalogre For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
What do you mean, "you people?" :P

Tags
fool me once, let downs, new ceo, nokia, stephen elop