Posts: 209 | Thanked: 150 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ York, Pa., USA
I having trouble syncing with the Palm Centro software on my wife's PC. It is Palm Desktop by Access 6.2.2 It starts Syncing via I.P. Adress, it says successfully synced, but then when you check what was "synced" it doesn't show up on the PC. Any help will be appreciated.

Posts: 131 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Spain
Is beta 6 only for N900?
I downloaded for N800 and installed over previous version, and now GVM is working correctly but i go to help about the info about version showed is:
1.0.5beta (expire on nov 30th 2010)

Is showing the same on N900?

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by daperezg View Post
Is beta 6 only for N900?
I downloaded for N800 and installed over previous version, and now GVM is working correctly but i go to help about the info about version showed is:
1.0.5beta (expire on nov 30th 2010)

Is showing the same on N900?
Yes, mine gives the same on the N900 - they must have forgotten to change the version number somewhere.

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chicago
So I have a question that maybe you all can answer quickly. I have the GVM installed, and everything works well (flashes of my fond memories of the early palm devices, as well the Palm V I spent way too much money on). Anyway, does anyone know if the GVM has the capability to leverage the data connection on the N900? Everything works well within the bubble, but I noticed there is no browser (making me think there is no chance for data connection).

Any insight is appreciated.

I have google maps running and it loads online map data, so it does look like there is data connection.

Originally Posted by EE3547 View Post
Everything works well within the bubble, but I noticed there is no browser (making me think there is no chance for data connection).

Any insight is appreciated.
On N800 GVM cannot itself initialize data connection but can utilize without problems existing one.

uhm... Can we use the messaging application of garnet VM? Phone calling too..?

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Anyone experiencing the same recurring issue as I am with GarnetVM (on N810): Ever so often I get an error message that Garnet could not connect or something...and then ALL the apps that I had installed are now gone and I have to re-install them.

It's a pain and I assume it's one reason why this app is in perma-beta.
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

I had the same problem many times. It often happens if you try to install a PRC manually from within the VM instead of through the VM's interface.

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
Originally Posted by silvermountain View Post
Anyone experiencing the same recurring issue as I am with GarnetVM (on N810): Ever so often I get an error message that Garnet could not connect or something...and then ALL the apps that I had installed are now gone and I have to re-install them.
Always wait a full 5 seconds before tapping on "launch".

If you launch GVM while a previous executable is still active (doesn't matter if is hung, or if self-launched because it needed to refresh the launcher icons), it self-destroys.