Posts: 115 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on May 2010 @ UK, London
Originally Posted by tissot View Post
As it has been rumoured that N9 wont be announced in Nokia World i think the event is showing to be more about a S^3.

No speakers that are directly part of the Maemo/MeeGo in Nokia World.
http://events.nokia.com/nokiaworld/speakers.htm
True Say.. But remember the time when we could ask 'Niklas Savander' questions via Twitter? Many people asked questions regarding Maemo.. So there is a slight chance, that there might be something new...

Oh yeah.. And btw wasn't it Anssi Vanjoki who promised us Ovi Maps with Navigation?? He is scheduled to have a talk, so once again, there is a slight chance for surprises...

Last edited by kevinp93; 2010-09-10 at 17:07.

The Following User Says Thank You to kevinp93 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 87 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Southern California
definitely encouraging. I would be stoked to get a new QT Maps that matches the Symbian version, but hoping it will exceed it and retain stuff like contacts app integration, etc

Originally Posted by cmsjkung View Post
If the pr1.3 update only provide QT upgrade, then N900 user will become a white mouse again for experiment by Nokia......
QT upgrade and bug fixes are all people should expect. Expect anything more and your probably in for disappointment when it arrives.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Laughing Man For This Useful Post:
Posts: 48 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ wolver
Originally Posted by Stonik View Post
This is almost too much, first an update for Twitter widget and then Gas Balls. I don't think I can handle this much support from Nokia.

No, seriously. Good news.

Edit: I think Nokia should announce this in public, as lots of people are saying goodbye to Maemo just because of the lack of updates.
I KNOW im still rotating and tapping my phone/mid in shock lol

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by tissot View Post
As it has been rumoured that N9 wont be announced in Nokia World i think the event is showing to be more about a S^3.

No speakers that are directly part of the Maemo/MeeGo in Nokia World.
http://events.nokia.com/nokiaworld/speakers.htm
[trollon]
Meego is dead since the new CEO is a former Microsoft Nokial will go winmobile at the end
[trolloff]

well fact is the oss community should ask ourself if the new CEO like open source or if direction is to go more closed again in the future.

I now symbian is open but still not mush talk from Nokia about meego future Is Nokia even sponsoring the meego conference? Gold sponsors says TI only at the meegosite...

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2010-09-10 at 17:14.

Posts: 129 | Thanked: 321 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Finland (Turku)
Originally Posted by gmuslera View Post
When we stopped being an experiment by nokia? So far has been a very successful one, but still tastes and smell like an experiment.
I actually wish Nokia would use N900 more as an experimental platform, to test new things from Beta Labs for example. There are plenty of users in the N900 community who would love to test new things that Nokia has to offer.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Stonik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Nokia World speaker: "And the N900 will be getting PR1.3 with Qt 4.7 and lots of bug fixes.... Oh and just one more thing - it will come with Flash Player 10.1"

(Bloke at the back of the crowd wearing sandals, t-shirt a shaggy beard and maybe a ponytail goes wild)*.

* This isn't me!

Last edited by Milhouse; 2010-09-10 at 17:18.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Milhouse For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
I actually wish Nokia would use N900 more as an experimental platform, to test new things from Beta Labs for example. There are plenty of users in the N900 community who would love to test new things that Nokia has to offer.
I think the issue here is that they would have to develop for - and gather feedback from - an OS and h/w platform that are both dead.
Not sure how much that would aid in any beta labs efforts.
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Posts: 87 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Southern California
seriously! photobrowser, socialnetworking, Nokia Messaging, were all great apps for Symbian. I was expecting to see alot more QT experiments for N900.... maybe for MeeGo

Posts: 166 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Halifax, UK
wouldn't it make sense to release pr1.3 alongside the N8 so all the devs can get straight on it, then they can pick the best apps out ready for meego

Tags
bigbadidiot, chucknorris, jesus wept, mustread, paradise, umopapisdn