Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by rajil.s View Post
Some youtube videos given error. Following is an example of that. Any idea why it fails?
That video isn't available in any formats compatible with the device, or YouTube doesn't list them. MediaBox tries to request format 5 in this case and apparently this isn't really available. Is this HD-only content?

uh oh!. I tried looking for the same video on youtube website and it comes up with "This video has been removed due to terms of use violation." No wonder Mediabox cant find it.

The Following User Says Thank You to rajil.s For This Useful Post:
Do you think it will be possible to add advanced search in youtube search?

I am particularly interested in "Sort by Upload date". There are several soaps on youtube and it is quite tricky to get them in the chronological order at the moment.

Originally Posted by pycage View Post
There would be a way as MediaBox can now accept files on the command line (even while it's running you can e.g. enter "MediaBox /media/mmc1/music.mp3" to load that file into MediaBox).
So with some tweaking of Maemo's MIME type associations, MediaBox could be registered as default player for certain file types.

This is a task where you don't need any programming. Any volunteers?
well I can't program but obviously I will help any way I can. too bad as I keep hearing "this is not a phone its a mini computer" and the only real thing I need it to do that both my window and ubuntu computer can do it can't do.

Hello guys. Im a newbie here, I just got my n800 and trying to get the full advantage of this cool tablet. I've been researching this talk section and decided to install the MediaBox (latest version) but I can't watch any youtube video on it. It keeps saying "media not found". I thought it is a common problem, but i could not find anything on it on this site. Can anyone guide me how to solve it?

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Originally Posted by 412b View Post
There is compact layout for Maemo5 already, as soon as I finish porting to OS2008 there will be one too
That would be greatly appreciated - thanks!
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
The slider is on the left so that you can easily grab it on the edge of the screen without having to worry to hit other buttons. What's wrong with it being on the left?
Using the slider with finger/stylus blocks out the icons I'm scrolling through. I assume that's why most sliders are not placed right next to the icons that it scrolls

Maybe I'm going to make this configurable. Actually the touchscreen of the N8x0 isn't sensitive enough to make single taps work well. To often you end up opening stuff instead of scrolling.
The N900 version defaults to single tapping because its touchscreen is excellent.
I would personally love that to be a configurable option on the N8x0. The multi-tap is bugging me more than I thought.

Can you get YouTube to play on the N8x0 with any app, or maybe the problem lies elsewhere?
No can't seem to get Youtube to play anomore even in microB. It launches mediaplayer and then I get a message saying the file is incompatible or something. Real weird.

Feature/Change request:
When playing audio and going to look at pictures the music stops. Would it be possible to keep the music playing while you are browsing images? I understand terminating media when switching between music and videos though.

Having said that, I must say I am really taking to this latest version of your application and enjoyed it a lot earlier today.
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Last edited by silvermountain; 2010-09-12 at 22:11.

Posts: 355 | Thanked: 205 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Germany
Remote playing after Mediabox start via AVRCP oder home-widget
is only possible, when starting with skipping track. After only
pressing play, nothing happens. Pressing skip lets it start playing
with the next track.

The Following User Says Thank You to mase For This Useful Post:
Gapless playback would need a backend supporting this. It's certainly not impossible on Maemo but such a thing doesn't exist yet, AFAIK.
Hi pycage,

Was just curious if gapless playback might be an open feature request based on your comment from a few months ago, or if it looks unlikely to be implemented? Not sure if I have seen it referenced anywhere besides that Q&A related to the quote.

I've been lobbying pretty much any media player developers on the forum for gapless (ask peter@instinctiv if he's tired of me yet!) so thought I'd see if there is any sort of priority for this to come to MediaBox eventually.

Thanks...

Last edited by Drekkie; 2010-09-14 at 15:47. Reason: typos

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Drekkie View Post
I've been lobbying pretty much any media player developers on the forum for gapless (ask peter@instinctiv if he's tired of me yet!) so thought I'd see if there is any sort of priority for this to come to MediaBox eventually.
Well, the appropriate backend for this is still missing on Maemo. Let's see what Instinctiv will come up with (which will be closed-source, though).
Gapless playback does not go together with MAFW (so expect more stuttering), and may be more stressing on the battery as the DSP might not be usable for decoding gapless. But I'm no expert on this, so maybe it would work well even.

The Following User Says Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:

Tags
mediabox, pycage rules