I'm getting some apt-get error with mozilla repository, anyone else getting these?

apt-get update gives the following error in the end:

W: GPG error: http://moff.mozilla.com fremantle Release: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 667387BFFF445C24
W: You may want to run apt-get update to correct these problems

apt-get autoremove gives me this summary:

0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 17 not upgraded.

Why there are 17 not upgraded? Is it because of the error in the apt-get update process?

Thanks for your help to a linux noob! =)

Anyone have any idea?

Originally Posted by Nozu View Post
I'm getting some apt-get error with mozilla repository, anyone else getting these?

apt-get update gives the following error in the end:

W: GPG error: http://moff.mozilla.com fremantle Release: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 667387BFFF445C24
W: You may want to run apt-get update to correct these problems

apt-get autoremove gives me this summary:

0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 17 not upgraded.

Why there are 17 not upgraded? Is it because of the error in the apt-get update process?

Thanks for your help to a linux noob! =)
The 17 are not all related to Mozilla. If you have extra-devel enabled, does are packages that would become broken if they got updated with whatever is on devel thanks to unmet dependencies. For the GPG problem, you could always try to direct download the gpg file present on the Mozilla server but I don't know how to install that...

The Following User Says Thank You to Ayle For This Useful Post:
I got the same problem while executing apt-get update, please help Thanks

Posts: 118 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Jakarta, Indonesia
if you want to know what packages are not upgraded try executing
apt-get upgrade

you will see lists of packages will be upgraded or held back...
if you don't to upgrade those packages just press n when it ask you to proceed

The Following User Says Thank You to adhrie For This Useful Post:
The apt-get upgrade did upgrade most packages. There were 2 packages that was kept back; libsdl-mixer1.2 and perl-base. Why are these kept back if there are newer versions available? Are they in use? How can they be upgraded if they happen to be always in use?

Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
things get held back if dependecies are not met. Files in use are in memory and can be upgraded. The new version appears on a reload.

The Following User Says Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by Nozu View Post
The apt-get upgrade did upgrade most packages. There were 2 packages that was kept back; libsdl-mixer1.2 and perl-base. Why are these kept back if there are newer versions available? Are they in use? How can they be upgraded if they happen to be always in use?
Those two are held back because they're not compatible with the current PR1.2 system. Installing either of these will force removal of the core mp-fremantle-*-pr package (along with several other key packages).

The Following User Says Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post: