we have many stylists here - short, tall, skinny, fat, ugly and simply gorgeous.
How many stylists you want?

The Following User Says Thank You to theonelaw For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by frostbyte View Post
the real question is, is the plural styluses, or styli?
Pretty sure it's stylii!!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hotzigetty For This Useful Post:
It would only be stylii if stylus was a Latin word... I don't ever recall learning that as a word at school though... I'm sticking with styluses...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stayloa For This Useful Post:
Most households have boxes full of junk (I know mine has). Dig through them for a piece of plastic or wood (e.g. a stick for a icecone or plastic coffee stirrer) of the right thickness, cut it to size and use 2 component putty to fashion the knob at the end. Grind it and paint it black.

I did and you can barely see the difference.

Paai

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 738 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Low Earth Orbit
Good thing the N900 uses a resistive touchscreen, easy to get replacement styluses. Not so easy to get replacement fingers for capacitive touchscreens

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
It seems to me that Fake, a very reputable member here, had a few styluses for sale -- he made them and is an excellent craftsman with very inexpensive prices. He has a long thread here regarding stands he manufactured, and he mentioned them a few times. Anyone missing a stylus might track him down and send him an email.

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
You sure it's not just curled up and dyed somewhere?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to stickymick For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by frostbyte View Post
the real question is, is the plural styluses, or styli?

This is a naive but typical question. The answer is that both forms are used. If you start a publication, you will probably establish something called a "style guide." In it, you will make CHOICES. You will decide what styles you support. When an issue comes up, you will describe the issue and how you decided to resolve it in the style guide. The reason you have a style guide is that inconsistent decisions on such matters can be jarring and distracting to readers.

I think "styluses" sounds less artificial and nerdy than "styli," so that's what I use and support.

There is no final answer, but I think that "styli" is going the way of the dodo bird.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
I've got an extra one you can have. If you live in the US I can probably just drop it in an envelope

Originally Posted by jflatt View Post
I've got an extra one you can have. If you live in the US I can probably just drop it in an envelope
hi jflatt,

I have recently lost my stylus, I live in canada. will gladly pay for any postage if you can send it to me. thanks