I have just spent an entire day trying to figure out why I kept getting a password prompt on my Nokia N900 and finally I have the answer. Nokia have partnered with Orange UK to be the only network at the moment to offer push email through Nokia Messaging. This means that anyone on T-Mobile, O2, 3, Virgin no longer have push email on their phone because only Orange customers can have this. I am amazed how Nokia can do this without even a press release or any information on the forum being announced. Does anyone have any other idea of how to retrience IMAP from the likes of Hotmail accounts and such as we now only have access to POP3 messaging. :-(

I had a similar problem a few days ago. I deleted my NM account from the N900, added it again, and it went back to normal.
I've just accessed it via 3 on 3G and it (still) works, so I hope you are not right.

and i had the same problem too a few days back, but has been working fine after the hiccups. i just got notified of emails till a few mins back...and i am on t-mo.

Posts: 87 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ United Kingdom
I'm on Vodafone and its still working here.

I am on 3 and can confirm it works here.

im on orange they suspended my account a few weeks ago and said my trail is over and that i need to pay!they can go stick their push emails!

Last edited by airjaff; 2010-09-14 at 17:33. Reason: spelling

They have said that they will gradually purge all accounts and stop them from having access to push email through nokia messaging.

Posts: 844 | Thanked: 521 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ UK southampton
Originally Posted by pwannell View Post
They have said that they will gradually purge all accounts and stop them from having access to push email through nokia messaging.
Where/who said that?

I didn't see anything in your link to say it was exclusive to orange?

still working ok for me on voda via carphone warehouse.

If you buy a niche, highly modifiable smartphone and proceed to mess it up by blindly screwing around, don't just blame the phone, also blame yourelf.