Active Topics

Hi,

I thought I'd throw in my two pence worth here. I've been following this for a while as well as the MSE and Voda forums and all have been a massive help in attempting to cancel, so thanks everyone and thanks to the OP for the original info!

I finally got my text message and sent off my cancellation letter last week, I emailed a copy to the directors office, Guy Laurence and someone else (can't remember the name now?) and as suspected it found its way to Karen Johnson. She sent me the generic reply that I believe most people are now getting which states;

"Thanks for your email regarding out of bundle charges.
I can confirm that we are currently reviewing this matter, we apologise for any delay and we will be back in contact with you shortly via letter.
We appreciate your patience regarding this matter."

I have to admit, I don't know what to expect? I assume that their legal team is looking for a way out, however there are two very good reasons I don't think that they can get out of it!

First Vodafone did not give me any notice whatsoever when they increased their roaming charges, something that they state in their contract they will do. Also anyone who thinks that these charges do not form a part of their contract is seriously mis-informed as these charges are referenced within the contract (although they point you to the website for up to date costs) and therefore form part of the contract and are subject to the terms within the contract, including giving reasonable notice of an increase in these charges!

The same point applies for internet charging, although obviously Voda have realised this, hence the text message saga!

However regardless of them now complying with their own contract and giving us the required notice for the increase in charges, it doesn't change the fact that a number of people will be at a "Significant disadvantage" in most cases financially. This again is stated in their contract, and Voda themselves have set the bar at a 10% increase on your bill being considered a significant disadvantage giving you the right to cancel. If you fall in to this category then you have the right to cancel by VODAFONE'S OWN ADMISSION!!! The fact that they have now let several people cancel based upon their own rules, should mean that this is set in stone, otherwise I would personally consider it to be discrimination. If I meet the criteria I have just as much right to cancel as the next guy!

I fail to see what they can put in a letter that will change any of these facts, therefore I can only assume that anyone that will be receiving these letters will be getting their cancellation request fulfilled as they rightly should. I suspect that instead of dealing with so many individual requests it is easier for them to wait for the cancellation letters to flood in and then deal with them all at once via a standard template, at least I hope this is the case. If not there is still no way I'll be giving up!

Ok rant over... thanks for listening!
Lee

Posts: 436 | Thanked: 298 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ England
ive sent my letter in so fingers crossed!

Well 22 days after the first cancellation letter was RECEIVED by Vodafone, they finally sent a reply
to the WRONG address, they sent it to my old address I lived in last year, even though I've changed it many months ago on their systems, and all the letters I sent to them had the new address

The letter (which I havent seen yet) aparently says they are looking into seeing if I can cancel or not

If I said what I thought of the people working there or the company I'd be banned from here for swearing so much.

HOW can someone work out how much their next bill is going to be, assemble proof of how much that bill will be more than 10% of last months, send a cancellation letter BEFORE the bill is produced (which I have)
yet they dont bother responding with a decision until after they produce the bill? ARGHHH I really wanna swear

Vodafone have agreed to cancel my contract! Woot!!!

email or letter?

I got a letter yesterday, basically acknowledging the letter I sent and saying that IF I am eligible to cancel then it will take place on October 1st.

I am confused to see how some people they have let out and others they are trying to keep tied in well we are all in the same position. My bill will go up by about 40% which is way over the 10% they set in the contract.

Snaps did you constantly ring them or did you just leave it and see what happens. I am not really happy waiting until October, I want to know now so I can sort out a sim free package and port my phone number over.

Email, but I also got a letter too

Originally Posted by kevinm2k View Post
I got a letter yesterday, basically acknowledging the letter I sent and saying that IF I am eligible to cancel then it will take place on October 1st.

I am confused to see how some people they have let out and others they are trying to keep tied in well we are all in the same position. My bill will go up by about 40% which is way over the 10% they set in the contract.

Snaps did you constantly ring them or did you just leave it and see what happens. I am not really happy waiting until October, I want to know now so I can sort out a sim free package and port my phone number over.
I got that letter too only last night. Then I got an email from Karen telling me the same thing. Finally I got another email from Customer Support giving me my PAC number

I would email the Directors Office, the 2 CEO's, Web Care team and Customer support.

I initially emailed all of those, I have just emailed Karen Johnson again to see if she can push this along for me. I'll let you know if I get any reply

I wonder if the reason some people have been allowed to cancel sooner is because they have already exceeded their allowance by a reasonable amount for their next bill i.e. used more than 500Mb in the first several days of their billing cycle for the bill due end Sept/ through October.

I can't see any other reason for this, we are all subject to the contract and cancellation conditions!

Tags
vodafone con