Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 561 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Spain
I'll try those changes seem more appropriate.

Thank you.

If anyone wants to know where v4l2-ctl is from it's a N900 version of Video for Linux 2 stuff http://www.linuxtv.org/downloads/v4l...pis/index.html

Posts: 100 | Thanked: 240 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ The South Pole O.o
lfocus_0.913-1
fixed an issue with proximity
Now available in Extras-testing

I'm in need of testers, thank you.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to m2cm2c For This Useful Post:
Posts: 182 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Netherlands
I briefly tested, it worked well, thanks.
I must say I still don't like the proximity sensor option, but mainly because it is also active when the camera app is on the background.

The Following User Says Thank You to maartenmk For This Useful Post:
lfocus_0.914-1
proximity will only work if the camera is running (not on standby)
Now available in Extras-testing

I'm in need of testers, thank you.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to m2cm2c For This Useful Post:
Okay I think I found an issue..
  • Use Stop RLED from the onscreen menu to disable red light.
  • Press record button, Red led will come on for a moment then go off.
  • Now stop recording,but do not exit the camera.
  • Hit record again.Red light will come on and this time stay on!
If you check the menu now, the stop red led is still selected but the red led continues to be on.

[Request] Is it possible to completely disable the red led so that it won't even flash once initially while recording.

Another issue I am having is that when the menu appears, everything behind the screen goes black.So the manual focus now becomes useless as I can't actually see anything.Is it just me?

Last edited by techie; 2010-09-14 at 17:45.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to techie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Anyone have trouble updating? My Live Focus app is version 5. something, and apparently apt-get never noticed any of the later versions that never made it out of testing and devel - I had my application catalogues configured funny - after making it more consistent, it found the later Live Focus version, but it fails to upgrade. It starts downloading the update, then says unable to update, after which the newer version still shows up in app manager, but doesn't have the icon anymore, and the install field says "broken but installable". Trying to install again has the same result of downloading then being unable to update.

Developer: Would you like me to experiment for you with apt-get or run some commands to give you the outputs for debugging purposes? If not, I'll just uninstall Live Focus and reinstall to the newest version.

Posts: 95 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Two problems I've found:

- Proximity sensor response is very poor. Holding it down for a few seconds usually in no response at all or it pops up after 4 seconds or more

- The state of the LED still doesn't get remembered when shooting video. As soon as the camera button is half pressed to focus the LED already turns off.

Now, I found that when I look back at the settings without pressing the camera shutter button that the Remember LED state button is already off. Your software never held on to said setting in the first place.

I really hope this can be fixed, because this is the sole purpose function of your app that I really like using.
So far I cannot remember this function ever worked on my phone as long as you've been developing this application.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Darkwolf For This Useful Post:
Posts: 702 | Thanked: 334 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel.
HI,

I also found a problem in the latest ver,
Setting the focus to manual with the toggle icon, and then setting the focus with the volume keys works, but only for a single pic. The next attempt to take a picture will trigger auto-focus.

Thanks for the work!
Eitam.
| DonateMe - If you feel I helped you in a very good way, feel free to donate |

The Following User Says Thank You to eitama For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Main Post
[Edit]
lfocus_0.528-3
fixed led remember state button and made it always off, so it needs to be turned on by the user only when taking a video
[Edit]
lfocus_0.528-4
fixed stop RLED toggle button and made it always off, so it needs to be turned on by the user only when taking a video

Originally Posted by techie View Post
Okay I think I found an issue..
  • Use Stop RLED from the onscreen menu to disable red light.
  • Press record button, Red led will come on for a moment then go off.
  • Now stop recording,but do not exit the camera.
  • Hit record again.Red light will come on and this time stay on!
If you check the menu now, the stop red led is still selected but the red led continues to be on.

[Request] Is it possible to completely disable the red led so that it won't even flash once initially while recording.

Another issue I am having is that when the menu appears, everything behind the screen goes black.So the manual focus now becomes useless as I can't actually see anything.Is it just me?
as you can see from version 0.528-4 it is supposed to be turned on by the user every time before taking a video and this issue will be fixed in a newer version with a confirmation dialog box.

Originally Posted by Darkwolf View Post
Two problems I've found:

- Proximity sensor response is very poor. Holding it down for a few seconds usually in no response at all or it pops up after 4 seconds or more

- The state of the LED still doesn't get remembered when shooting video. As soon as the camera button is half pressed to focus the LED already turns off.

Now, I found that when I look back at the settings without pressing the camera shutter button that the Remember LED state button is already off. Your software never held on to said setting in the first place.

I really hope this can be fixed, because this is the sole purpose function of your app that I really like using.
So far I cannot remember this function ever worked on my phone as long as you've been developing this application.
as of version 0.528-3 the user has to turn on the LED each time before taking a video and the same fix will be applied here with a confirmation dialog box.

Originally Posted by eitama View Post
HI,

I also found a problem in the latest ver,
Setting the focus to manual with the toggle icon, and then setting the focus with the volume keys works, but only for a single pic. The next attempt to take a picture will trigger auto-focus.

Thanks for the work!
Eitam.
This issue is noted and a fix will be released in a newer version, thanks !

The Following User Says Thank You to m2cm2c For This Useful Post:

Tags
lfocus