Active Topics

Posts: 15 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ new zealand
hi guys i have got problem with my nokia n900 it does not starts.......and also it is not recognized by computer ....no notification when i connect to pc.....only orange light while charging........................................i jst swicted of last night and in the morning i was not able to start..........plz help

Posts: 364 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Australia
remove the battery for atleast few seconds or maybe a minute, put it back, charge it for atleast 2 -3 hours and start again. if this doesnt resolve issue then take to to nokia care.

The Following User Says Thank You to vivmak For This Useful Post:
Had the same issue a few days ago.

Completly reflashing was the only thing that helped.

Greetings

Is the orange light flashing or shining steady?

Originally Posted by shadowjk View Post
I have a similar problem and orange light is shining steadywhile plugged.
I was in car with the car charger plugged when i very quick message has appeared on the display and the phone has switched off.
I tried several times to power on but after 1-2 sec the phone switched off. Now nothing appear pressing power button
I tried all the procedures found on the forum but nothing
Any help?

orange light is steady

Steady light means the battery is too low for phone to boot. The hardware is performing emergency charge. Leave it for 32 minutes or so, if it's still steady yellow then unplug and remove battery for a minute or so, put it back in, plug charger in and repeat. Use the original wallcharger, don't hook it up through USB to a computer.

If it doesn't get you anywhere and you aren't an electrical engineer I'd then go to Nokia Care for help with determining whether you need a new battery or if the fault is with your n900 or with the wallcharger.

Last edited by shadowjk; 2010-09-20 at 01:42. Reason: spelling

Steady light means the battery is too low for phone to boot. The hardware is performing emergency charge. Leave it for 32 minutes or so, if it's still steady yellow then unplug and remove battery for a minute or so, put it back in, plug charger in and repeat. Use the original wallcharger, don't hook it up through USB to a computer.

If it doesn't get you anywhere and you aren't an electrical engineer I'd then go to Nokia Care for help with determining whether you need a new battery or if the fault is with your n900 or with the wallcharger.
i had conected to charger whole but nothing happened theorange light was still steady.............

Posts: 422 | Thanked: 320 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Israel
I had the same thing today, and I did as shadowjk suggested - I removed the battery from the phone for about and hour (I really recommend an hour, just to be sure - because 5 minutes were not enough), then I put the battery back in and connected the phone to the charger. ONLY THEN it started charging again (blinking yellow light), and I left it charging for another hour, then I disconnected it from the charger, turned it on and after it booted I re-connected it to the charger to complete the battery charging to the end.

Posts: 199 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Philippines
Originally Posted by singhgurbir35 View Post
i had conected to charger whole but nothing happened theorange light was still steady.............
Same thing happend to me. Try to remove the battery for a few minutes then put it back again then charge it.

Do not use USB charger on PC.

I hope this helps.