Active Topics

Notices

i got my N900 at a perfect time! i got it a few days ago and was very disappointed at VGBAs performance. One of my favorite games ever is Metroid Zero Mission. Now, PicoDrive is keeping me going, but 26 fps on a 850Mhz A8 is sad.

Anyway, i registered just to add my support to Figa who will undoubtedly succeed in a usable GBA emulator as well as to request a sound-free version released before sound is perected, that way, we can iron out the kinks while sound is perfected.

keep checking this thread every few hours. Good luck Figa and thanks for the effort.

Posts: 270 | Thanked: 239 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Czech Republic
News: HW scaler is done(huge thank you to javispedro). About 40FPS with frameskip 0 @ 850MHz. I am going to make video later today. Sound has bad sync so it isnīt still good. I want to do control config and release it. Maybe today in night.

Last edited by Figa; 2010-09-19 at 14:35.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Figa For This Useful Post:
40 FPS at stock frequency ? really nice , please package it and add it to extras-devel , can't wait to try it !
BIG THANKS TO ALL DEVELOPERS !

wow 40 fps at frameskip 0 is impressive. you've gotta release this thing! gameboy enthusiasts rejoice! oh, and to the guy above me, it's 40 at 850, not stock.

on my phone so i'm not trying too hard to type properly.

good news about OCing, is that going from 600 to 850 and going from stock to the power kernel didnt increase VGBAs performance at all.so Figa's emu should run fine at astock.

Last edited by mattbutsko; 2010-09-19 at 15:31.

actually there is quite an improvement running vgba at 850 MHz or 1GHz, if you are playing a game with high requirements like golden sun for example...
there are other games that run full speed in VGBA even underclocked at 500 MHz...
if you want to clearly see the difference , try to run a game like NFS Carbon with stock , and OC at 1150 MHz to see the difference...

i wonder why everyone hates vgba and is so desperate rate for a new gba emulator
i have had no problems with vga and everything always runs great at 850mhz

Posts: 161 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Worcester
Originally Posted by yodawg View Post
i wonder why everyone hates vgba and is so desperate rate for a new gba emulator
Compatibility issues. It wont play a number of key titles and others have bugs and sound issues. However it is still a good emu and I use it most days so I don't as you say, hate it.

Is it not a good idea to have more than one emu for each system anyway? I always find that what wont work on one usually works on another.

Originally Posted by yodawg View Post
I don't know which version you are running but the VGBA I'm running is slow, has TERRIBLE audio and again, slow. Also, bad GUI.
Clocked at 850 btw.

Figa: so how's the audio working out for you? Will you and javi be able to get it sounding (really) good?

Posts: 270 | Thanked: 239 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Czech Republic
Here is video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXeXzNIoVE8 I know that you want emu as .deb. It will coming soon(i hope) Control config programming isnīt so fast how I expected Javispedro helped me "only" with HW scaler, but i have some ideas where is problem...

Last edited by Figa; 2010-09-19 at 17:15.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Figa For This Useful Post:
Looks very smooth in the video.. Really nice work, and good luck with solving all the problems!