Active Topics

Hi all,
I'm enjoing my new n800 device (I really love it). Since I'm not a geek I wol ask if any one could explain me(if it possible) how to access SD card whe I jack in the USB. Infact when I jack it the access seem to be disabled, but many times I need that at least one of them continue to be accessible by the N800 itself.

Posts: 469 | Thanked: 88 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montana
When you plug the N800 into a PC via USB, it unmounts the cards locally and makes them available to the PC to mount and work with exclusively. (For transferring files, etc) If you really wanted to, you could edit or disable the script that does this (I'll post the filename if you need it), but really the first question would be why plug it in via USB if you aren't going to be using the PC to transfer things back and forth? Or are you just wanting to check something out quickly that you just transferred while still connected ?

You can also send files via wifi (sftp) or bluetooth if your PC has those options. It won't be as quick, but the cards will stay mounted on the n800.

If you connect your N800 to your PC by USB cable, the PC should show the N800's memory card as an external drive. You can move files back and forth on your PC just like you would with any other folder.

If you're using Windows, try going to My Computer in the start menu, and you should see the memory card as an external drive (maybe called F: or G:?). Double click on the drive to access it.

If you have two memory cards in the N800, you'll see them as two separate external drives on your PC.

@Moonshine
Tanks for the help if you post me where to find this script I would solve my problem. I need to do that because on the internal card I have some scripts that my n800 still need when usb is jacked

Originally Posted by Moonshine View Post
You can also send files via wifi (sftp) or bluetooth if your PC has those options. It won't be as quick, but the cards will stay mounted on the n800.
Wifi is a painless way to go with this. If you use Windows, there's a free app out there called WinSCP that you can set up to look just like windows explorer and you can drag and drop files over wifi just as you would from disk to disk.

R.
==