Active Topics

Posts: 96 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ India
which one should I vote for.....i own both...the n900 n the galaxy s.

anyway voted for the n900 though.

Hope nokia is listening and understands the enthusiasm tmo users have on the device....hmm

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rcarlos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 577 | Thanked: 699 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Malta
Originally Posted by mece View Post
I think you'te confusing gebrick with someone else. Ok, so he comes off as a douche with his patronizing "I'm better than you because I'm not enthusiastic about my N900" attitude in that post, but he's a member who often comes with insight and constructive critisism imo. He's also an N900 owner (and user I think)
You misunderstood my post. I actually agree with him. I posted a while back practically the same thing. It's a silly poll and not worth fussing.

And I don't mind gerbick..although his negativity sometimes annoys me he finally bought an N900, so his criticism is finally acceptable. And his posts as you said are usually clever.

But there sadly are the kind of users I described. You shouldn't go to a competitor forum just to insult them.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pantera1989 For This Useful Post:
just voted ... n900 80.9% galaxyS 19.1 so far

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by ME2g View Post
Maybe we should not count countries but continents?

I see Australia, Europe, Asia, South America...who is missing?
;-)
Australia is not a continent lol
You meant Oceania, which includes (Australia, New Zealand, Tonga, Fiji, Cook Island, PNG, half of phillipines, samoa etc)

Posts: 247 | Thanked: 106 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Coventry, UK
oooh!! nearly missed it! ive updated title and hit vote... looks like we may win this on!

BRING IT ON!

http://pininthemap.com/maemo
masterpin: shotgun

+1 there can be only one

Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
Australia is not a continent lol
You meant Oceania, which includes (Australia, New Zealand, Tonga, Fiji, Cook Island, PNG, half of phillipines, samoa etc)
Oceania is not a continent - in that its not a single continental shelf.

From wikipedia
New Zealand is not on the same continental shelf and so is not part of the continent of Australia but is part of the submerged continent Zealandia. Zealandia and Australia together are part of the wider region known as Oceania or Australasia.
Australia is actually a continent - in that it refers to the same continental landmass that includes Australia and some other islands which are part of the same shelf.

Again I am going by common knowledge of what I was taught - unless you guys down under think otherwise. Correct me if I am wrong.

The Following User Says Thank You to nilchak For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by mece View Post
What do you mean "spamming votes"?
Re-read this thread. There's plenty of comments where people are stating that you should vote often; thus "stuffing the ballot box".

I'm just not admiring the fact that folks are multiple voting... and honestly surprised that this poll didn't have measurements to avoid that kind of abuse.

YES! I'm up to douche status now? That's a far cry from my troll days. I'm moving on up!!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by mikec View Post
+1 there can be only one
Okay... now this made me laugh. Highlander references ftw!!

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by nilchak View Post
Oceania is not a continent - in that its not a single continental shelf.

From wikipedia

Australia is actually a continent - in that it refers to the same continental landmass that includes Australia and some other islands which are part of the same shelf.

Again I am going by common knowledge of what I was taught - unless you guys down under think otherwise. Correct me if I am wrong.
Australia is not a whole continent. Australasia is a continent but also known as Oceania (supercontinent). Australia is a country, yes it is big and can also claimed to be a continent by itself you are correct on this but not entirely.

Fact: middle east is part of asia and Europe
Australia is the biggest chunk of Oceania, which only included PNG, Phillipines and Australia. New Zealand is not included in this matter. Oceania is everything in the supercontinent in the pacific region. Also Oceania is also called the Australasia.

Correct me if i'm wrong. Look at the continent's map

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_supercontinents