Closed Thread
@dousan oh cmon, dont whine. this thread is already anything except something that h-e-n developers needs, or something that helps at all.

we have been asked for
1) run the patches
2) the logs

we have 17 pages. you know how many log files we have? ive counted 3. maybe i have missed some, you know why? 17 page of pure ****

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to clasificado For This Useful Post:
Posts: 66 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ intheclouds
Quick review of battery drain usage during hostmode.py activated.
Exported form BatteryGraph v.0.3.2
Note - after installation of hostmode kernel I enabled hostmode.py instantly.
SEP.25 - 16:30 to 19:05 I'm using Original battery BL-5J, after 19:05 to 21:00 o'clock using second battery.
First battery shut down the phone without notice at 19:05. with usual low warning message .

SEP.26 hostmode.py was enabled from 09:20 to 11:20 for testing, mainly using only powered HUB. logfile , it was published before on my second post, but now is uploaded on other location, more easy accessible, and no restriction.

The drainage is the same no matter does I use external powered hub or just directly supply power for single USB flash drive.

Battery discharge is around 2 hour and 20-30 minutes.

Graph - PNG on Dropbox
ZIPPED PNG with notes here

Remember this it PreAlpha yet.

Last edited by mveplus; 2010-09-27 at 08:57. Reason: update, update 2

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mveplus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dousan View Post
Could you do this over pm instaed of floating this thread with posts in a language only you understand. Nobody gains from that and if we could, then do it in english, hence this site is in english...

Thank you...
okey im just want to talk to my friend in my language thats all.

The Following User Says Thank You to Death For This Useful Post:
Posts: 16 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ iran-azerbaijan
hi to all my friends from my reign
@death :
i cant install this kernel with any way and i dont want to reflash my phone because i am working on persian pack for n900 and i dont want to lose them
so do you have installed nitdroid on yor phone?if yes so how you flash hostmode kernel for your phone?

@techno2001:hi whats up?
i cant install this kenel and i dont know why i have tested many ways even manual flash but no luck
about your Q that forum is not place for me and people how want to help people there is just place for show up

@kureyon:
thanks for your answer but i love to use new thing before usual people. if one click way be out any one can use it and there will not so fun in it!!
pardon my english is not so well

Last edited by pedram_noei_a; 2010-09-27 at 09:45.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pedram_noei_a For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by clasificado View Post
@dousan oh cmon, dont whine. this thread is already anything except something that h-e-n developers needs, or something that helps at all.

we have been asked for
1) run the patches
2) the logs

we have 17 pages. you know how many log files we have? ive counted 3. maybe i have missed some, you know why? 17 page of pure ****
Where are the moods in this thread? a bit of cleaning and the devs would have what they need! Is it so difficult? The last thread for usb host mode was left because of the same crap I see here!

Last edited by fw190; 2010-09-27 at 10:06.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to fw190 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 999 | Thanked: 1,117 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ earth?
Originally Posted by fw190 View Post
Where are the moods in this thread? a bit of cleaning and the devs would have what they need! Is it so difficult? The last thread for usb host mode was left because of the same crap I see here!
The last thing we need is a repeat of the previous USB thread!

The best we can do is try and ignore the noise and stay focused on the topic of this thread:
(1) install alpha software
(2) report back on findings - provide logs.

I just hope muhammadAG is still finding this thread useful.

The Following User Says Thank You to johnel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by johnel View Post
(2) report back on findings - provide logs.
Can it also be noted that MuhammadAG also wants logs even if it DOES work, not just if it doesn't work.

Basically, if you wish to try the new kernels/etc, you should almost feel obliged to provide logs regardless of the outcome so there should be as many logs as there are active testers.

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 537 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ scotland
Originally Posted by ivyking View Post

if u understand u should be able to tell what does the following command do if u are root ?

rm ***** (i'm not even quoting that just incase!)

u are not advised to try it .
funny, but also cruel!

this seems beyond my know how and so i wont be trying it, i just want to suggest that the people posting on here who dont know what they are doing - you are not helping anyone! infact filling the thread with "help me i cant find MyDocs" or "how do i become root" is the opposite of helping in this case, if you dont understand whats happening then just leave it alone for now. it will only lengthen the amount of time it takes to release a version you will be able to use. if you have littered as such go back through the thread and delete useless posts to make things easier for others.

and those offering help to the people who are obviously beyond it, i know it may seem rude to ignore pleas for help, especially given the community spirit, but replying to them isn't really helping them or anyone else. please ignore them (and me). people who have genuine issues are to be expected and helped of course, and you should all know the difference.

/rant over

its a sad day when i can't slip at least one hitchhiker reference in somewhere.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to festivalnut For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nerfiaux View Post

After the boot crash that I had, eventhough I choose 2.6.28-hostmode1 in the multiboot menu, after the uname -a command, the output is 2.6.28-kernelpower40.
So I booted on the kernel 2.6.28-omap1 and just reinstalled the 3 kernel package you provided in the correct order.
Then I could boot the 2.6.28-hostmode1 kernel.

And Finally Thanks a lot for the job achieved ! It is awesome !

Nerfiaux
same thing happened to me... thanks for this Mohammad.. now it is working for me..

have to read a lot on how to add item on multiboot because im still a noob on this...
hope this helps on noobs like with me with multiboot:

open xterm
root
Code:
cp /etc/multiboot.d/00-Maemo-2.6.28-omp1.item 10-Maemo-2.6.28-hostmode1.item
*make sure you have installed leafpad
Code:
leafpad /etc/multiboot.d/10-Maemo-2.6.28-hostmode1.item
if it is blank inside('cause mine was)
add these:
ITEM_NAME="Maemo 2.6.28 Hostmode1"
ITEM_MODULES=ext3

then save..

then follow all the steps on page 1..
credits to nerfiaux and of course to Mohammad

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jipee296 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 45 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Germany
Didn't work with my usb stick. Here is the log
Attached Files
File Type: gz syslog.txt.tar.gz (29.6 KB, 88 views)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to christoph For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread