Notices

Originally Posted by techie View Post
Couldn't import the code,getting a g_key_file_load_data error.Maybe you could export and upload again.Also why use underscores at beginning,don't think that's necessary.
There are hard linebreaks in the export inside the instanceCmd entry. that could be the reason for load_data error.

Originally Posted by IcyAirs View Post
Can someone take a look at this and tell me what I'm doing wrong? Everything pretty much works, except that when I use the widget to turn Off wifi, the button goes dark as expected but then pops back to On (exit code 1?)... wifi shuts down correctly, though, so it isn't really an issue, just something unexpected happening that I'm not sure how to fix.

There's some disabled dbus-monitoring code in there that I wanted to implement for setting the button to off (for when going out of wifi range or auto-disconnect taking down the wlan), but then I realized programs can bring up the connection too, so I just set it to update the status of the button @desktop... workaround, but whatever.

Code:
[queen-beecon-header]
version=1.000000
checksum=5509570
[queen-beecon-exported-instance]
widgetType=0
widgetVisible=1
operationalStatus=0
hideCanvas=true
hideClickCanvas=true
snippetBgRGB=0
snippetExtBgRGB=#000000000000
beecon_lt0_ImgZoom=0
beecon_lt0_BgRGB=2
beecon_lt0_ExtBgRGB=#808080808080
beecon_lt0_ImgFilename=
beecon_eq0_ImgZoom=1
beecon_eq0_BgRGB=3
beecon_eq0_ExtBgRGB=#0000ffff0000
beecon_eq0_ImgFilename=off-button.png
beecon_eq1_ImgZoom=1
beecon_eq1_BgRGB=4
beecon_eq1_ExtBgRGB=#ffff00000000
beecon_eq1_ImgFilename=on-button.png
beecon_ge2_ImgZoom=0
beecon_ge2_BgRGB=5
beecon_ge2_ExtBgRGB=#000000000000
beecon_ge2_ImgFilename=
beecon_idxge2_ImgZoom=0
beecon_idxge2_BgRGB=11
beecon_idxge2_ExtBgRGB=#ffffffffffff
beecon_idxge2_ImgFilename=
widWidth=90.085043988269803
widHeight=90.411764705882348
instanceTitle=Wifi
instanceCmd=if [ "_$QBW_EXEC_REASON" == "_QBW_STARTUP_UPDATE" ];
then\nif [ "_$QBW_IS_CONNECTED" == "_true" ]; then\n  echo "ON";\n
exit 1;\nelse\n  echo "OFF";\n  exit 0;\nfi;\nfi;\n\nif [
"_$QBW_EXEC_REASON" == "_QBW_DESKTOP_SWITCH" ]; then\nif [
"_$QBW_IS_CONNECTED" == "_true" ]; then\n  echo "ON";\n  exit
1;\nelse\n  echo "OFF";\n  exit 0;\nfi;\nfi;\n\nif [
"_$QBW_CURRENT_RESULTS_TEXT" == "_OFF" ]; then\n    dbus-send --system
--type=method_call --dest=com.nokia.icd /com/nokia/icd
com.nokia.icd.connect string:"[ANY]" uint32:0;\n  echo "ON";\n  exit
1;\nfi;\n\nif [ "_$QBW_CURRENT_RESULTS_TEXT" == "_ON" ]; then\n
dbus-send --system --dest=com.nokia.icd /com/nokia/icd_ui
com.nokia.icd_ui.disconnect boolean:true;\n  echo "OFF";\n  exit
0;\nfi;
rememberMe=
cmdImgFilename=queen-beecon.png
cmdImgAngle=0
cmdImgZoom=0
cmdFgRGB=1
cmdExtFgRGB=#ffffffffffff
cmdTextAngle=0
cmdVisibilityPosition=0
cmdImgVisibilityPosition=0
cmdJustify=0
cmdExtFont=Nokia Sans bold italic 12
cmdFontName=3
cmdFontSize=12
resImgFilename=queen-beecon-resimg.png
resImgAngle=0
resImgZoom=0
resFgRGB=1
resExtFgRGB=#ffffffffffff
resTextAngle=0
resVisibilityPosition=0
resImgVisibilityPosition=5
resJustify=0
resExtFont=Nokia Sans bold 12
resFontName=2
resFontSize=12
progressAnimationFrames=0
progressAnimationTimer=4
progressAnimationPos=4
progressAnimationAtClickXY=false
progressAnimationBasename=queen-beecon-progress
updOnStartup=true
updOnClick=true
updOnDesktop=true
updOnSight=false
delayIndex=0
customIntervalSecs=0
updNeworkPolicy=0
updOnDBUS=0
updOnDBUSBus=0
updOnDBUSMatchRule=type='signal',path='/com/nokia/wlancond/signal',interface='com.nokia.wlancond.signal',member='disconnected',arg0='wlan0'
edit: I'm not sure how to write the command without the new lines, either... i tried fixing it with ;'s as nononoyes mentioned, but then the widget just gave me error code 2... massive failure. It looks alright in the command buffer, just export changes them all into /n's, which is as expected but still kinda annoying
no need for _$QBW_EXEC_REASON" == "_QBW_DESKTOP_SWITCH", imho

use $QBW_EXEC_REASON==QBW_CLICK to issue connection on/off command according to $QBW_IS_CONNECTED true/false status

use DBUS Monitor with rule:
Code:
type='signal',interface='com.nokia.icd',path='/com/nokia/icd',member='status_changed'
$QBW_EXEC_REASON==QBW_DBUS_MONITOR
to be notified about on/off connection status change (grep $QBW_DBUS_VERBOSE_OUTPUT for "CONNECTED" or else)
This way you can switch icons when connection is already properly setup

The Following User Says Thank You to No!No!No!Yes! For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Mart5.1 View Post
Thank you for your amazing widget, not only has it improved my N900 it has also made me more interested in command lines etc. one of the ways your program may be able to help me is with the many apps that will not work with 3G +proxy. take the groove app for example, a fine app on wi-fi but no go on my 3g + proxy. is there a way I can use queen beecon widget to launch such apps when I am not able to connect to wi-fi, possibly related to your above posting.
Thanks again and keep up the excellent work.
Ciao,
the post you mention is very old and issues with proxies get obsoleted by $QBW_.+_PROXY[_URL] variables

Still can't understand details about "no go on my 3g + proxy"

What is the problem here? Application not supporting proxies? Application working on particular non-proxable ports? Operator blocking 3g traffic on application ports (like skype for examples on some mobile networks)?

Not sure QBW can solve your issues here.

The problem is applications not supporting proxies, their are many of them zoutube included. I thought it may be possible to do the export proxy thing and then launch the app through queen beecon widget.
Cheers

Last edited by Mart5.1; 2010-09-28 at 09:07. Reason: To give more information

Originally Posted by Mart5.1 View Post
The problem is applications not supporting proxies, their are many of them zoutube included. I thought it may be possible to do the export proxy thing and then launch the app through queen beecon widget.
Cheers
Sorry QBW can't help, then

Thanks for your quick reply. I will continue looking for a solution, it's a shame that some apps do not support proxies, it has a limiting effect on the phone. It sometimes gets you down when other models do not have this problem.
Thanks again

Wow now I feel even more like an idiot, so many parts of what I was doing is completely inelegant. I blame the 35C heat wave knocking out my brain cells. Here's a revised version of the script I was working on without all that nonsense (command only this time, cause I fail at single lines)...

Code:
[queen-beecon-header]
version=1.000000
checksum=312170
[queen-beecon-exported-command]
title=WiFi+
command=if [ $QBW_EXEC_REASON == QBW_STARTUP_UPDATE ]; then
   exit 0;
fi;

if [ $QBW_EXEC_REASON == QBW_DBUS_MONITOR ]; then
 if echo '$QBW_DBUS_VERBOSE_OUTPUT' | grep -q "CONNECTED"
 then
   exit 1;
 else
   exit 0;
 fi;
fi;

if [ $QBW_EXEC_REASON == QBW_CLICK ]; then
 if [ $QBW_IS_CONNECTED == false ]; then
   dbus-send --system --type=method_call --dest=com.nokia.icd
/com/nokia/icd com.nokia.icd.connect string:"[ANY]" uint32:0;
 exit 1;
 else
   dbus-send --system --dest=com.nokia.icd /com/nokia/icd_ui
com.nokia.icd_ui.disconnect boolean:true;
 exit 0;
 fi;
fi;
Works quite nifty with the on-button.png and off-button.png that No!No!No!Yes! provided a few pages back. Thanks for the quick reply, it helped ALOT, and thanks again for the ridiculously powerful and useful widget scripting system!

The Following User Says Thank You to IcyAirs For This Useful Post:
Posts: 968 | Thanked: 663 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australia (Melbourne/vic) / Lebanon (Zgharta/north)
was anyone able turn this awesome widget to a flip clock ??????

Originally Posted by elie-7 View Post
was anyone able turn this awesome widget to a flip clock ??????
Preview ...

Originally Posted by No!No!No!Yes! View Post
OK ... Queen BeeCon Widget release 1.2 is now in extras-testing queue and candidate to reach EXTRAs
Partial Change Log
Code:
queen-beecon (1.2)

* New: Release Candidate to Extras (1.0.53 -> 1.2)    
  * Changed: Release Candidate to Extras (1.0.53 -> 1.2)
  * Bugfixing: Release Candidate to Extras (1.0.53 -> 1.2)

queen-beecon (1.0.53)

* New: Parameter Variables substitution for using with scripts which holds the current width of QBW widget ($QBW_WIDTH); useful for dynamic recalculation of click hotspots 
  * New: Parameter Variables substitution for using with scripts which holds the current height of QBW widget ($QBW_HEIGHT); useful for dynamic recalculation of click hotspots
  * New: Parameter Variables substitution for using with scripts which holds the exit status of the last previous executed command ($QBW_PREVIOUS_EXIT_STATUS)
  * New: Added new Network Connection Event condition (NETWORK__PASSTHROUGH) which will trigger the execution of command at every Network Related event. Management of the connection event status will be completely delegated to the command through $QBW_IS_CONNECTED and $QBW_EXEC_REASON=="QBW_CONNECTION_EVENT" Parameter Variables substitution.  
  * Changed: Optimized "cancel on exec in progress" logic   
  * Bugfixing: Some network connection status change issues; fixed

queen-beecon (1.0.52)

* New: In Command and Instance import in Advanced Settings and Tools Dialog Box, command title is now checked for existence, if existent "+"s are appendend till name is unique  
  * New: In Add/Edit Command Dialog box, command title is now checked for existence, if existent, user is now asked for unique name  
  * Changed: -   
  * Bugfixing: Both in Settings and in Advanced Settings and Tools Dialog Box, Command Selection button was not correctly re-populated after operations on commands list (add/delete/import); fixed

queen-beecon (1.0.51)

* New: Added Reset/Truncate Logfile action to Logger Verbosity Button in Advanced Settings and Tools Dialog Box
  * Changed: -   
  * Bugfixing: -

queen-beecon (1.0.5)

* New: Possibility to directly modify the "rememberMe" parameter from the output of the executed command (without using the DBUS interface which is much slower) for using with scripts which need to hold/manipulate status or persistency information. Just echo the following string (which will not be displayed) as output of your command "QBW_REMEMBER_ME(<content to be remembered>)" no angle brackets; escape "close round bracket" like this "\)" to store it as ")" 
  * Changed: Extended warning message in case of inconsistent Pango Markup Language output ("QBW Warning! Possible Pango Markup Language inconsistent/unterminated Tag!")   
  * Changed: Extended warning message in case of inconsistent/non-UTF-8 output in TestDrive output Buffer ("QBW Warning! Expected/Shown Command Output mismatch. Possible charset different from UTF-8!")   
  * Bugfixing: QBW re-enable on double-click logic bugged; fixed

queen-beecon (1.0.4)

* New: Implemented the possibility to have the Progress Animation displayed at widget click X,Y coordinates; with relevant configuration parameter "progressAnimationAtClickXY"   
  * New: Implemented the possibility to hide the background Canvas on click both for Beecons and Snippets with relevant configuration parameter "hideClickCanvas"   
  * Changed: Some optimizations in QBW at startup, expecially for instances with execute @startup flag; should speed up widget appearance
  * Changed: Checks for obsolete instances in configuration file moved to Advanced Settings and Tools Dialog; check is performed upon entering. 
  * Changed: Some optimizations in progress icon animation logic
  * Changed: Some optimization in multiple-clicks management
  * Bugfixing: Command output for Test Drive in Advanced Settings and Tools Dialog still buggy and not displaying complete output; fixed
  * Bugfixing: Logic for multiple clicks count was a bit bugged; fixed
  * Bugfixing: DBUS Signal emission at end of command execution was misplaced ; fixed
  * Bugfixing: Logging info incorrect for timeout seconds count function GetSeconds; fixed

queen-beecon (1.0.3)

* New: Added button to change Logger Verbosity in Advanced Settings and Tools Dialog Box
  * New: Implementation of Command and Results image orientation angle (w/ relevant configuration parameters)
  * New: Added edit box in Settings Dialog for "rememberMe" value. Can now be initialized also from widget and not only via DBUS method  
  * New: Parameter Variables substitution for using with scripts which holds the number of times a QBW was pressed/clicked: $QBW_CLICKS_COUNT; useful for handling single/double/triple... clicks and behave accordingly (Tested up to 12 ... :) )
  * New: Parameter Variables substitution for using with scripts which hold X and Y coordinates where a QBW was pressed/clicked: $QBW_CLICK_X, $QBW_CLICK_Y; useful for handling different arbitrary/dynamic hotspots on widgets via launched shell scripts 
  * Changed: Now QBW instances with status disabled/minimized (black small 60x60 inactive sleeping bee icon) are enable again on double-click and non on single-click
  * Bugfixing: TestDrive in Advanced Settings and Tools Dialog Box was not fetching the whole command output; fixed   
  * Bugfixing: Typos in "Edit Cmd" Dialog Box title; fixed   
  * Bugfixing: Not proper memory deallocation of some strings parameter in Settings Dialog; fixed    

queen-beecon (1.0.2)

* Source Modules: Changed architecture of source module ... now split into single modules according to QBW subfunctions ... expect some sneaky regressions!!!
  * New: Parameter Variables substitution for using with scripts which holds Network Connection status: $QBW_IS_CONNECTED (true=QBW Instance is connected to the network (either WLAN or GPRS) false=QBW Instance is NOT connected to the network (either WLAN or GPRS))
  * Changed: In Settings Dialog Box changed "Custom(")" to "Custom(Secs)" for custom timer label
  * Changed: In Advanced Settings and Tools Dialog Box it's now possible to scroll dialog both vertically and horizontally. So all buttons will be accessible even if you have big fonts 
  * Changed: In Advanced Settings and Tools Dialog Box added more checks for Import Instance/Command Data (It should now be more restrictive on Import Data consistency/congruency)
  * Bugfixing: System Proxy fetching logic bugged; fixed
  * Bugfixing: reset_rearm_timer DBUS method call was not disabling timer when timer update was disabled; fixed
  * Bugfixing: set_param_uint32 DBUS method call had problems if values = 0; fixed

queen-beecon (1.0.0.1)

* New: Nothing - Release Candidate to Extras (0.1.9.9 -> 1.0.0.1)    
  * Changed: Nothing - Release Candidate to Extras (0.1.9.9 -> 1.0.0.1)
  * Bugfixing: Nothing - Release Candidate to Extras (0.1.9.9 -> 1.0.0.1)

queen-beecon (0.1.9.9)

* New: Added "On Sight" Update Policy (If flagged, content is not updated if widget is out of sight (on other desktop) or if display is locked or in stand-by)   
  * New: Parameter Variables substitution for using with scripts which holds "On Sight" or "Out Of Sight" status: $QBW_ON_SIGHT (true=QBW Instance is "ON SIGHT", that is widget is on current desktop and display is not locked or on stand by. false=QBW Instance is not on current desktop and visible or display is off or on stand by)
  * New: DBUS method "is_on_sight" which returns true (QBW Instance is "ON SIGHT", that is, widget is on current desktop and display is not locked or on stand by) or false (QBW Instance is not on current desktop and visible or display is off or on stand by)
  * Changed: Optimized usability of settings for Widget Width and Height
  * Changed: Optimized progress animation logic for visibility when instance not On Sight
  * Bugfixing: - 

queen-beecon (0.1.9.8)

* New: Implemented per-instance progress animation with customizable number of frames, timer, position and possibility to have it shown or hidden (Now every instance can have its own progress animation) + Settings for Hide/Show, frames #, timer, position and basename. 
  * Changed: Extended error message text to all DBUS methods
  * Changed: Now when command or script do not return any output no more "No Output" text gets printed inside the widget
  * Bugfixing: Added error message if non existing parameter is supplied to all DBUS methods "set_param_*" 
  * Bugfixing: Under certain conditions HotSpot Index was not properly reset in case update policies prevented execution of script from happening. Fixed.

queen-beecon (0.1.9.7)

* New: -
  * Changed: Line width for widget contours FX when widget pressed set to 1px    
  * Bugfixing: Reentrancy issues for DBUS Monitor. Fixed
  * Bugfixing: "If you enter a long name for the title, the right part of the prefs gui isn't visible anymore and you can't scroll to the now hidden gadgets!". Fixed. Area is now scrollable also horizontally.
  * Bugfixing: Issues with positioning of small widgets with respect to bottom and right margins. Fixed. 

queen-beecon (0.1.9.6)

* New: REVOLUTION!!! :) Implementation of multiple (9 = grid 3x3) Hot Spots to click on the widget. Clicked Hot Spot Index Position can then be passed to the executed script via Parameter Variables Substitution $QBW_HOTSPOT_PRESS (0=Not Pressed or other update policy,1=Top Left,2=Top Center,3=Top Right,4=Center Left,5=Center,6=Center Right,7=Bottom Left,8=Bottom Center,9=Bottom Right)
  * New: Parameter Variables substitution for using with scripts which hold Proxy related information: $QBW_HTTP_PROXY, $QBW_HTTPS_PROXY, $QBW_FTP_PROXY, $QBW_SOCKS_PROXY, $QBW_RTSP_PROXY (In the format <host:port>)
  * New: Parameter Variables substitution for using with scripts which hold Proxy related information: $QBW_IGNORE_HOSTS_PROXY (In the format <host1;host2;host...>)
  * New: Parameter Variables substitution for using with scripts which hold Proxy related information: $QBW_AUTO_CONFIG_PROXY_URL
  * New: Parameter Variables substitution for using with scripts which hold status or persistency information stored in configuration via DBUS method call set_param_string string:"rememberMe" string:<rememberthis> : $QBW_REMEMBER_ME. Useful, for example, for remembering values like counters across subsequent command executions. 
  * Changed: Logic to purge configuration settings of non-existent QBW instances from configuration file. (Check/Purge performed at every entrance in Settings dialog)    
  * Bugfixing: Reentrancy problem with Settings dialog box. At times, in case of laggy interface, 2 or more instances of dialog were opening. Fixed. 
  * Bugfixing: Incomplete unreferentiation of DBUS resources. Fixed. 
  * Bugfixing: Incomplete unreferentiation of callback functions for async command execution and timers. Fixed. 
  * Bugfixing: Incorrect logic for updating when widget desktop was active/on. It was updating also when active widget's desktop was swept off. Now updates content only if "Update on Desktop" is TRUE and Widget's Desktop is being swept on. Fixed. 

queen-beecon (0.1.9.5)

* New: Added supplementary progress images/icons (cycle is "queen-beecon-progress[0-3].png") searching logic in directory storage in this order 1) "~/Mydocs/.images/queen_beecon_dir" 2) "~/.queen_beecon_dir"   
  * New: Added button in Command Edit dialog to add instance only commands to the list of stored commands   
  * New: Implementation of following DBUS methods: get_current_results_text (Get current content of results text) 
  * New: Parameter Variables substitution for using with scripts which holds the current content of results text ($QBW_CURRENT_RESULTS_TEXT=Current content of results text)
  * Changed: Default shape for Beecons is now rectangle. Hexagonal cell will be only shown when pressed  
  * Changed: Shadow/Light effects on widget surface, either when pressed or not, are now fixed in size (~4px)  
  * Changed: Changed some logic in simple Command Edit dialog box  
  * Changed: After instance imported, now advanced dialog box closes and reverts back to settings with all parameters reloaded
  * Changed: Changed Warning and Information notification in Advanced Settings to display hildon_banner*  
  * Changed: Changed DBUS connection acquisition for DBUS Monitor.  
  * Bugfixing: Refined and fixed logic for DBUS Monitor initialization and deinitialization   
  * Bugfixing: Changed and fixed logic for handling/displaying Exit Code if error spawning asynchronous command  
  * Bugfixing: New asynchronous execution logic was not releasing file handles. Fixed

queen-beecon (0.1.9.4)

* New: Ability to execute scripts by intercepting specific DBUS broadcasted signals/methods/errors issued by the system or other applications + Relevant configuration parameters (Ex.keyboard lock, slide open/close, ecc.)   
  * New: Parameter Variables substitution for using with scripts triggered by intercepted DBUS broadcasted signals/methods ($QBW_EXEC_REASON=QBW_DBUS_MONITOR, $QBW_DBUS_VERBOSE_OUTPUT=Verbose Output see wiki)
  * Changed: Changed icons for displaying command execution in progress (shown when script in progress and hidden on execution completion)
  * Changed: Package installation now performs an automatic restart of hildon-home process
  * Changed: Synchronization in asynchronous script execution logic for Exit Status and Output   
  * Bugfixing: Memory reallocation bugs fixed in new async command execution logic
See complete Change Log in the WIKI

Time for v1.2 to go to Extras-Testing
Please go to this link, test and thumb-up QBW so that it can be promoted and reach EXTRAs ASAP
... thanks to you all Supporters and Testers ... QBW v1.2 promoted to EXTRAS!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to No!No!No!Yes! For This Useful Post: