Active Topics

Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
a refreshing departure from the usual hater exits.
i did my research before i bought the phone, it's only because i got out of my contract early that i'm changing. sure the N900 has it's problems but it's been a good phone, but better than that, it's been a wonderful community to help whenever i needed it. i just feel the need to go back to a normal phone as this phone is wasted on me because as i previously stated, it's capable of so much, yet all i use it for is the same as a normal everyday phone, but i have nothing but love for the communty. just a shame nokia never realised the full potential of this device.

The Following User Says Thank You to Barts For This Useful Post:
Posts: 242 | Thanked: 86 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ UK/Scotland
Originally Posted by Barts View Post
i did my research before i bought the phone, it's only because i got out of my contract early that i'm changing. sure the N900 has it's problems but it's been a good phone, but better than that, it's been a wonderful community to help whenever i needed it. i just feel the need to go back to a normal phone as this phone is wasted on me because as i previously stated, it's capable of so much, yet all i use it for is the same as a normal everyday phone, but i have nothing but love for the communty. just a shame nokia never realised the full potential of this device.
I'm in the same boat as you, I have no experience with linux and modding either. But i've just gotten a 30 day sim from three, and when the holidays come i'm gonna mod the phone like crazy!!

Cantonese Pen Power Input is only available in Hong Kong...SUX!

how did you get out of your contract?

Posts: 604 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Phoenix, WA
So, I'll be the one to ask... what are you going to use now?

...for all the fish!

Yeah, I know....I just can't resist when I see "Goodbye and thank you" ...
Sorry...

Originally Posted by georgefjones View Post
how did you get out of your contract?
i signed up with vodafone in december, and due to the changes for data charging i was able to cancel my contract without penalty, to cut a long story short i've been using loads more than the 500mb per month and under new rules i would get charged more than 10% of my monthly bill for a further 500mb, so i was able to cancel my contract. and keep the phone

Originally Posted by SAABoy View Post
So, I'll be the one to ask... what are you going to use now?
don't really know if im completely honest, i watch a lot of movies and tv series on my phone, and i obviously use it for the internet a lot, i was thinking of the htc desire HD, but the storage isn't brilliant, but it's a wonderful screen. i would wait for the N9, but i figured i would try something else, wait for meego to establish itself and then come back when this next contract ends

The Following User Says Thank You to Barts For This Useful Post:
I don't understand why people need to leave the community after they sold/lost/lost interest in their phones. I was reading this forum way before I actually bought the n900. I sold my Motorolas and HPs long time ago, but I still visit fan forums.

Originally Posted by Barts View Post
i was able to cancel my contract. and keep the phone
Can you still use the N900 as a WiFi device? Would you consider this? I ask this b/c I have an N810 (WiFi only) and a dirt-cheap dumbphone, and I'm perfectly happy with that combo.

Good luck with whatever you're getting.

Tags
kthxbye, ok bye