Active Topics

Notices

As a heads up, after further testing today (beyond opening and closing the app) it looks as though 0.4.3 has introduced an issue where you cannot skip forwards/backwards or play a specific song by double-tapping. Attempting to do so starts playing track 1.

The Following User Says Thank You to Webbie For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Webbie View Post
As a heads up, after further testing today (beyond opening and closing the app) it looks as though 0.4.3 has introduced an issue where you cannot skip forwards/backwards or play a specific song by double-tapping. Attempting to do so starts playing track 1.
Confirmed. When playing on Shuffle it will work for a few songs, but then will just stop and clicking Forward or on another song has the same issue as above.

The Following User Says Thank You to nman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 54 | Thanked: 104 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Serbia
Confirmed, I wasn't really using the player since the last release, so thanks for pointing this out. Expect an update soon.

Posts: 193 | Thanked: 201 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Subotica, Serbia
When I'm holding my finger over a song, to get the menu to delete it, the menu appears but it contains only a "dot". Like it's an empty button.

The Following User Says Thank You to mmlado For This Useful Post:
Dear users,

version 0.4.4 has been imported to extras-devel, which fixes the non-working buttons and the missing pop-up menus, and should also display a dialog in case the equalizer is not supported on your system (might help in debugging why it's not working for some people).

Looking forward to your comments.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TMarki For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by yukop4 View Post
hi
any news on the diablo side of things-anything at all
Sadly no, tried to build the new version, but ran into problems

Originally Posted by slender View Post
This looks pretty promising.Is it somehow possible to lock list scrolling so that it doesnt jump horizontally when scrolling.
Not really, only if you resize the columns to fit the horizontal width.

If you want to take it one step further, I am guessing that the remaining startup slowness is caused by enumerating folder contents to generate the playlist. Consider caching the current playlist as well.
The current playlist has already been cached, no directory scanning occurs at startup. The delay is caused mostly by populating the internal and GUI playlist, and retrieving the data from the cache. I don't think I can make significant improvements without a major effort.
But thanks for the suggestions anyway!

Hi TMarki

I just tried to update but it says that the updated file is corrupt.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sash For This Useful Post:
I uploaded a different package and tested it, should work. Let me know if not.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TMarki For This Useful Post:
Working good again, thanks for the quick fix!

Small bug: enqueue doesn't work in shuffle mode. when I try, the next song will get stuck.

Insignificant bugs:

-The name of the currently playing song is italic/bold, but so is the Artist of the next song.
-when you grab the slider on the seek bar, and hit the end (top) of the bar, the playback stops, even if you immediately move the slider back to the middle.

Feature requests

-Add "Delete File" option to the tap-and-hold menu for tracks...sometimes I stumble on a song I don't like.

-Add total track length beside the position counter

-Add a "filename" selectable column heading

Thanks again for the app!

The Following User Says Thank You to nman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Finland
heres a noob question, why i get "The required equalizer component was not found on your system, sorry!" when choosing eq? do i need to install something? im using 0.4.4 version and N900

edit: ok problem solved, installed gstreamer... and now eq works. thanks to TMarki for this app

Last edited by Hxen500; 2010-10-10 at 11:18. Reason: Solved