What does this new hildon-desktop do exactly? i just installed it but how much is the batterylife improved. i forgot to check before i installed the fix, but i have now a CPU usage of 0,33% ~ 1,00% on hildon-desktop what was it before

The Following User Says Thank You to sygys For This Useful Post:
Posts: 115 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on May 2010 @ UK, London
Originally Posted by sygys View Post
What does this new hildon-desktop do exactly? i just installed it but how much is the batterylife improved. i forgot to check before i installed the fix, but i have now a CPU usage of 0,33% ~ 1,00% on hildon-desktop what was it before
Well The Hildon-Desktop Update is supposed to keep the CPU usage down, to increase battery life. Some (well many) users are experiencing battery drain which is apparantely linked to the high-ish CPU usage during stand-by. I am not sure whether this update fixes it, but I am pretty sure it would.

I could give it a try, but I've got Physics homework to do for now (N)...

Posts: 182 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Seatle, WA
where did you install the new hildon-desktop from? is it in the repos? devel?

Originally Posted by mehulrajput View Post
where did you install the new hildon-desktop from? is it in the repos? devel?
If you look on the previous page(s) then you can find german links...Information is available on there

I think people are too optimistic about getting more Ovi Map features for free.

They promised an updated version of Ovi Maps, and we got one. They promised better Ovi Maps on MeeGo, and there will be one. They say Ovi Maps isn't free, it's included in the price of the phone. I doubt two so different versions of Ovi Maps will be "included" in the same N900 price.

They want you to buy the N9.

All the time, I hope to be wrong when I think optimism is unfounded. I rarely am.

Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by onethreealpha View Post
not having a feature (like email sorting, calender searches etc) is not a bug. screen going blank and not being able to answer calls? that's a bug. big difference. i'd like bug fixes AND new features but will be more than happy if 1.3 only fixes bugs
Sorting emails worked fine at PR1.0 and PR1.1.
At PR1.2 it stopped working and the Button is missing. So it is a removed feature - hence a Bug at PR1.2 and hopefully is getting fixed with the next release.

But you're right. The Buttons to answer a call is a much bigger problem. See my Signature for more.

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
I'd be happy if they add bookmarks on maps. I already have portable and in-car nav, I want my phone to be useful for miscellanious tasks.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

Originally Posted by Helmuth View Post
Sorting emails worked fine at PR1.0 and PR1.1.
At PR1.2 it stopped working and the Button is missing. So it is a removed feature - hence a Bug at PR1.2 and hopefully is getting fixed with the next release.

But you're right. The Buttons to answer a call is a much bigger problem. See my Signature for more.
FYI, these are known bugs and can be found on bugs.maemo.org. Unfortunately, the first one is WONTFIX and the second one is labeled fixed but the fix is not a complete solution. We can keep trying pushing for these bugs but the chance these get fixed is slim.

Be realistic with PR1.3 : )

Modest no sort option
Phone unlocked when receiving call

Well.. this thread has been 'quiet'... However.. I think that Nokia hasn't forgot the N900 in some ways.. Just now I downloaded an app named 'Nokia Panorama' from the OVI store... the publisher is 'Nokia Project'.. so Nokia hasn't forgot Maemo.. PR1.3 should be coming...

The Following User Says Thank You to kevinp93 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
Originally Posted by kevinp93 View Post
Well.. this thread has been 'quiet'... However.. I think that Nokia hasn't forgot the N900 in some ways.. Just now I downloaded an app named 'Nokia Panorama' from the OVI store... the publisher is 'Nokia Project'.. so Nokia hasn't forgot Maemo.. PR1.3 should be coming...
I believe Nokia acquired a company called Bit-Side who made an excellent Symbian panorama software called Panoman. Maybe this is the fruit of that purchase.

Tags
bigbadidiot, chucknorris, jesus wept, mustread, paradise, umopapisdn