Originally Posted by afaq View Post
I got the same email. I did not hear from them yesterday either. So i guess that means they will write to me to tell me I cannot cancel. To which I will either be able to do nothing (need to see their reasoning) or to cancel my direct debit - threaten to report them to Ofcom and see what the consequences are.

Tossers.
Thats what i am assuming is happening with me, except that i have not received ANY email replies from Vodafail.

I've emailed them again today telling them that because of lack of communication, i assume they agree to my termination without penalty, and will be requesting my PAC code and cancelling my direct debit.

I'll sit patiently (i'll give it another 24 hours till i send another email) and wait for their reply.

Hi Guys,

Just some info, I followed the advice on here and on wednesday used one of the template letters from here and sent an e-mail to all 3 email adds provided.

Got that reply the next morning on thursday that some of u got from the directors office saying if i can cancel i'd be contacted before end of the day, if i can't cancel i'd be told in writing.

I gave it until 4pm, I hadn't recieved a call so i emailed back to the director's office saying that I havent received a call and hope it is not because you are hoping to write to me with some excuse to why i can't cancel as i have shown my t&c's to a solicitor who has said there is no reason why I shouldn't be able to cancel. After 10 yrs with vodafone I am disappointed that you have breached our terms and would be even more disappointed if you were then to try and keep me on a contract illegitimately.

Within 40 mins i recieved a call from CS with the usual 3 options.
I opted for a 12month sim only deal, 900mins, unlimited texts, 1.5gb internet and 1000 landline mins for 17.50 a month.

Hope thats helped some of you..and thanks to all those whose info helped me.

Originally Posted by chilly9876 View Post
Hi Guys,

Just some info, I followed the advice on here and on wednesday used one of the template letters from here and sent an e-mail to all 3 email adds provided.

Got that reply the next morning on thursday that some of u got from the directors office saying if i can cancel i'd be contacted before end of the day, if i can't cancel i'd be told in writing.

I gave it until 4pm, I hadn't recieved a call so i emailed back to the director's office saying that I havent received a call and hope it is not because you are hoping to write to me with some excuse to why i can't cancel as i have shown my t&c's to a solicitor who has said there is no reason why I shouldn't be able to cancel. After 10 yrs with vodafone I am disappointed that you have breached our terms and would be even more disappointed if you were then to try and keep me on a contract illegitimately.

Within 40 mins i recieved a call from CS with the usual 3 options.
I opted for a 12month sim only deal, 900mins, unlimited texts, 1.5gb internet and 1000 landline mins for 17.50 a month.

Hope thats helped some of you..and thanks to all those whose info helped me.
Cheers, thats my next email sorted.

And bonus, i know a solicitor friend very well, so if they wanna question anything, i'll get him to write to them.

sent my emails to customer services and directors office. was told to send them a hard copy which i did on monday.
heard nothing back in last couple of days.
just been on to cs... i am the only person who has phoned with the problem. the txts i got saying i will be charged from the 1st are a mistake. he has guaranteed me i won't be charged for using internet from today even though i'm over 2gb for the month
he has put this on my notes on my account (so he said).

also he has every tarrif possible and it's impossible for anybody to be put on a 1.5 gb allowance. although some on here have been given the 1.5 gb option.

confused

Normal CS don't know anything about this..When I got my call I was on the phone to CS who were telling me I wasnt on Unlimited Internet in the 1st place and even if i was the terms haven't been breached..whilst i was arguing with her i got a call, i noticed it was a vodafone customer service number, so i hung up on her and answered the call. The guy cut straight to the chase and said i have three options etc etc

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
My misery begins. I got impatient so called Vodafone's CS. The women did not know ANYTHING and asked me to call complaints department. Apparently someone senior will call me in 24 hours.

Btw is 191 free to call?

My misery begins. I got impatient so called Vodafone's CS. The women did not know ANYTHING and asked me to call complaints department. Apparently someone senior will call me in 24 hours.

Btw is 191 free to call?
191 is free from your voda sim yes!!
well it better bloody had be!!

Posts: 156 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Scotland
Apparently someone senior will call me in 24 hours.
good luck with that!

just got an email from the directors. they have assessed my last bill.
i am not able to cancel because my last bill will not increase by more than 10 percent.
last bill was £26
data 1.7 gb = £15 with extra charge?

this seems to me rather more than 10 percent?

my last 3 bills before were less than 26 and over 2gb data

am i working something out wrong?

confused

They assess it without the VAT but that shouldn't make much of a difference. It means you will have gone over by 1.2gig (remember you will get 500meg as standard) which will cost you £10 extra....so it's more than 10% in my book!

Tags
vodafone con