Notices

Posts: 131 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Michigan
Thanks Peter, using posted .deb and it works much better!

Sorry it took me a while getting back to you, I wanted to fully test the latest .deb for issues.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bijiont For This Useful Post:
Just read through the entire thread and gotta say that the dev response on this app is AWESOME.

Would like to add an additional vote for browse by folder, would definately replace default player if Instinctiv had that feature.

I noticed nobody mentioned anything in regards to possible shake to control integration. There's an app for the default media player called "Shake 2 Control" where shaking the N900 side to side would skip to next track, and shaking it towards you would pause the track. It also has a nice feature which prevents it from activating if the proximity sensor senses something (i.e. N900 is in your pocket). Problem there is that none of the features are configurable, so you can't change shake sensitivity or disable the "pause" function or somesuch (I only really need next track). Apparently source code for that is here: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=539997&postcount=7
Would be nice to have just a checkbox somewhere for "shake for next track", even better if its configurable, but not too picky about it =P

In regards to volume/camkey for playback control, qwerty12 wrote a closed app for default media player called "Extended Locked Media Player Control" which does stuff similar to what people were suggesting. Not sure how he did his magic, but just some food for thought. Code is closed cause he was completely pissed at the community/Nokia, though.

Anyways, just good to know that someone is actively working on providing a GREAT media player application, will keep tabs on this project as it definately seems promising.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IcyAirs For This Useful Post:
Posts: 209 | Thanked: 150 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ York, Pa., USA
Thank you Peter and Instinctiv!!

You need to restart the device to get the the silent bug off
but peter there is a bug i dont know if some else noticed
but when i scrol down to select at artist i select an artist, then when i get back to the artiest mune
i will get to the top of the list
and i have to scroll down all the way again

i dont know if this is a bug because i got Arabic Name artist

anyway
thanks a lot for the great app

Originally Posted by bobcorn View Post
You need to restart the device to get the the silent bug off
but peter there is a bug i dont know if some else noticed
but when i scrol down to select at artist i select an artist, then when i get back to the artiest mune
i will get to the top of the list
and i have to scroll down all the way again

i dont know if this is a bug because i got Arabic Name artist

anyway
thanks a lot for the great app
We've got some unicode issues for sure that should be addressed in the last big bug fix we roll out (probably still two releases away -- or about 4 weeks). Remember, it took Apple like 2 years to get copy and paste on the iPhone so give us a bit more time to sort these remaining issues out

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to peter@instinctiv.com For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by peter@instinctiv.com View Post
We've got some unicode issues for sure that should be addressed in the last big bug fix we roll out (probably still two releases away -- or about 4 weeks). Remember, it took Apple like 2 years to get copy and paste on the iPhone so give us a bit more time to sort these remaining issues out
Ohhh Peter
I like Instinctiv very much
i use it as my default player right now
and thanks a lot for the hard work you guys do
cant wait for the next update

Last edited by bobcorn; 2010-10-07 at 20:34.

The Following User Says Thank You to bobcorn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 635 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Black Mesa Research Facility
When will the app get another update? I haven't seen anything for a few weeks

Originally Posted by Jack6428 View Post
When will the app get another update? I haven't seen anything for a few weeks
There was an update 2 weeks ago that makes the app usable. Peter said there should be another release in about 4 weeks, He said this about a week or 2 ago

The Following User Says Thank You to Fresh Prince of Nowhere For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by Fresh Prince of Nowhere View Post
There was an update 2 weeks ago that makes the app usable. Peter said there should be another release in about 4 weeks, He said this about a week or 2 ago
September 28th I believe... >> YO <<

This version when installed on a clean device (no files from previous versions left on board) will pull user album art if ii is in a cover.jpg file stored in the albums directory.

Other formats and schemes may work but this^ is what works for me. cover.jpg may supersede embedded art or it may not even look at embedded art, IDK. All my albums have a cover.jpg image.

Some of my songs have a different image embedded however, only the cover.jpg is shown.

That's all I got.

When you first start Instinctiv give it some time to find your art, index, and whatever else it does. Closing mid process seems to cause more directories and files to be created then needed.

BTW, the following image shows what they are apparently working on. Maybe we can give this thread a break if our issue is listed. No need to state it again and again.

SLN member # 009

Last edited by YoDude; 2010-10-13 at 22:39.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to YoDude For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by YoDude View Post
September 28th I believe... >> YO <<

This version when installed on a clean device (no files from previous versions left on board) will pull user album art if ii is in a cover.jpg file stored in the albums directory.

Other formats and schemes may work but this^ is what works for me. cover.jpg may supersede embedded art or it may not even look at embedded art, IDK. All my albums have a cover.jpg image.

Some of my songs have a different image embedded however, only the cover.jpg is shown.

That's all I got.

When you first start Instinctiv give it some time to find your art, index, and whatever else it does. Closing mid process seems to cause more directories and files to be created then needed.

BTW, the following image shows what they are apparently working on. Maybe we can give this thread a break if our issue is listed. No need to state it again and again.

Aww man, i thought landscape mode is a priority...guess i have to wait for 4 more months. Darn it!