Notices

Posts: 205 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ manila, philippines
what does "e: handler silently failed" mean?

Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by shockgiga View Post
what does "e: handler silently failed" mean?
It means you have the default apt package and need to updated to the fixed version to install apps from the OVI store via command line. There's a post on how to do it here.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 205 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ manila, philippines
awesome thanks.

Originally Posted by woody14619 View Post
It means you have the default apt package and need to updated to the fixed version to install apps from the OVI store via command line. There's a post on how to do it here.

Posts: 549 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australian in the Philippines
Originally Posted by schettj View Post
Nope. Its in house developed.
What makes you say this? The interface looks pretty much the same as panoman - with a few nice enhancements. I'd say its roots were very likely in panoman at some point in time.

sh!+, it says not available to my country.
http://store.ovi.com/content/51491

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Lol Nokia just c*ckblocked MorphoQuick Panorama.. xD

Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
Took a test shot of the same scene in both the free version of Morpho, and Nokia Panorama this morning.

They are taken from near enough the same spot. I did have the camera in one hand, and a hungry Labrador keen to get home for his breakfast in the other...

Morpho image - 692×222 pixels – 208KB

Nokia Panorama image - 4342×1325 pixels – 4815K

The Nokia app does take longer to start up, and does take a good while to process the image once all the shooting is complete. This one took 10-15 minutes. This is by far the most annoying aspect of the app, and a good enhancement would be the option to hold off on the post-processing and complete later.

As you can see though, it does give much better images than the free version of Morpho. Anyone got the Pro version, and want to try a comparision?

Nokia 770 (2gb) since Aug 2007
Nokia N800 (32gb) since Dec 2007
Nokia N810 (16gb) since Sep 2009
Nokia N900 (64gb) since Aug 2010 ______________________________

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gazza_d For This Useful Post:
Posts: 199 | Thanked: 232 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sweden
I've got the Morpho Pro app (installed/payed for it yesterday DOH!!) and just installed Nokia Panorama. They are both amazing apps! I'll make a comparison of the 2 when I have the time. But this I can say: Both apps are worth getting

Posts: 2,154 | Thanked: 2,186 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hellsinki, Finland
On my device the app won't start at all. It closes itself before UI appears.

80's style stadium rock is back - FIRENOTE
Hi-Octane heavy metal - FORCE MAJEURE

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
Originally Posted by dchky View Post
What makes you say this? The interface looks pretty much the same as panoman - with a few nice enhancements. I'd say its roots were very likely in panoman at some point in time.
That's what I'm thinking, now that I tried it, the merging process seems identical to Panoman. I'm glad they thought of us N900 users this time around.

Tags
nokia panorama, panorama