Originally Posted by tubbycricket View Post
Try using this website, http://mfresh-n800.blogspot.com/2007...okia-n800.html

But is there a point to aircrack on the n800? It can't do any injection packets and its a real hassle to work it together with a compatible laptop. But in any case, is there a way to filter out open networks?
Not really, but once you run it once, you can tell it to watch only one ssid. Just run airodump-ng with no arguments, it will give you a quick rundown on what you can tell it to do.

SEARCH! It's probably already been answered.

Originally Posted by tubbycricket View Post
Try using this website, http://mfresh-n800.blogspot.com/2007...okia-n800.html

But is there a point to aircrack on the n800? It can't do any injection packets and its a real hassle to work it together with a compatible laptop. But in any case, is there a way to filter out open networks?

It's weird. I followed the instruction by the link but I got error message It could not detect
wlan0. Am I missing to stall some libraries?
Got error after this command.
#airodump-ng wlan0

Thanks,

Kim

Originally Posted by kimh View Post
It's weird. I followed the instruction by the link but I got error message It could not detect
#airodump-ng wlan0

Thanks,

Kim
I think you're using the older one like 0.5.1 or something, somebody gave the link for the newer version in this thread, so just download and try that version. Worked for me.

#airodump-ng wlan0

Thanks,

Kim
Is it powered up? I don't think it can power the adapter on by itself.

I used the latest version of aircrack-ng from poster Luca, I think. 0.9.x.x
What do you want to say, barry99705? I do not understand your question
regarding power up. Off course my N800 was powered on.

No I meant is the wlan card running? Is it connected to a network? Was it in off line mode?

On a side note, it looks like the wireless drivers aren't reporting correctly to airodump. When I run it on the handheld it's showing my work networks as wpa2. I know for a fact they are open non-encrypted networks. I've also had issues where I ran the application and then quit it, but it kept running in the background and ran down the battery in about two hours.

It's connected to network. I verified it.

Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 402 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Catalunya
Originally Posted by barry99705 View Post
I've also had issues where I ran the application and then quit it, but it kept running in the background and ran down the battery in about two hours.
When airodump exits it leaves the interface active in monitor mode, maybe that was causing the battery drain?

Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 402 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Catalunya
It's connected to network. I verified it.
Strange, airodump works here. Did you also install wireless tools? (but I doubt it's a problem, since I only installed them after using airodump the first time and realizing it left the interface in monitor mode).

Just a quick question, but is there a definite way to get the wlan interface back to working (managed?) mode after running kismet or the airo tools, or do I really have to reboot?