Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
This is based on the newest modest source from gitorious, which means it includes a lot of fixes that make modest faster.

I've added (experimental) portrait mode support to modest, I might go on and do this to some other stock open source apps (the settings app would be one)

Code:
root
wget http://mohammadag.xceleo.org/public/maemo/debfiles/portrait/modest_3.2.13-3+0m5_armel.deb
dpkg -i modest_3.2.13-3+0m5_armel.deb
Pin the package with
Code:
echo "Package: modest
Pin: release a=unstable 
Pin-Priority: 1001" >> /etc/apt/preferences
Other fixes:
Put signatures not on top in replies (thereby not forcing top-post)
Please provide an attribution line for replying

Source: http://mohammadag.xceleo.org/public/...3-3+0m5.tar.gz

Last edited by MohammadAG; 2010-10-03 at 11:27.

The Following 116 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
aanckar, aenbacka, ahmadamaj, alienhead, aligatro, AlMehdi, arcean, arora.rohan, asidana, avim, benny1967, bingbings, biobobby89, Blaizzen, blipnl, BLIZZARD, Bundyo, ceevee, CepiPerez, Char, Chrome, cjp, Crashdamage, crazy_agent, curryfun, CutterSlade, D4rKlar, damnshock, daperl, deadmalc, digittante, donaggio, Dousan, elie-7, eme, epitaph, fbnccst, flydeep, funkmunk, fw190, gordonshowers, gs1, hesham, HtheB, inkirby, James_Littler, Jenason, John McClane, jukey, kamil365, kingoddball, klinglerware, kojacker, leetut, Lehto, lemmyslender, lolloo, longcat, m0da, MaddogG, maluka, MamoriNoTenshi, manavs, Marklar, mathiasp, Mentalist Traceur, mikec, mivoligo, moepda, mthmob, mveplus, mymybib, nashith, navsin, Netweaver, Nikem, NokTokDaddy, oldnetdog, ossipena, OVK, pantera1989, pelago, pillar, qole, RAZOR, Reffyyyy, shockgiga, sjgadsby, slender, smoothc, sony123, Stonik, strange1712, sunwong, Switch_, thej80, thommy, thp, titi974, tlex26, Trestry, tzsm98, uvatbc, v13, vdx29, Venemo, vkv.raju, VladNistor, w00t, wowsher, xtian, zenit, zerone, ZootHornRollo
Posts: 1,169 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ sunderland
i love your threads bro!

Sorry, but this version of Modest is semi-broken in the portrait mode. The new-message UI does not resize, and the new-message button at the top does not resize either. There are probably a few other problems there as well. May want to fix these before making it a part of the SSU.

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
This isn't part of the SSU, and I already mentioned this is experimental

Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
This isn't part of the SSU, and I already mentioned this is experimental
That was my wishful thinking, sorry

Out of curiosity before trying it: What portrait support did you actually add? Or did you just enable the already existing portrait support (shift+control+R)?

At least the existing portrait support doesn't work too well for modest so hopefully you have managed to improve that

With (shift+control+r) right now when I lock the phone modest in portrait and then unlock I can see that modest switches from landscape to portrait. Is it different with this version?

it blocked my phone..
i cant reboot anymore.. can someone help me? to uninstall this? please

Originally Posted by opax View Post
it blocked my phone.. i cant reboot anymore.. can someone help me? to uninstall this? please
Hold the power button for long enough, and it will power down. Wait for 30-40 seconds, then press the power button again (for a few seconds) and it will power up. After it does, make sure you never ever install anything that does not come from Extras or Extras-Testing repositories. All these "other" packages are for people who can handle problems that may (possibly) come with them.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fms For This Useful Post:
Posts: 345 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Reunion Island
great man ! if you could do this for the conversation app it would be perfect ^^

PC :
MSi K9N2 Diamond, AMD Phenom 9950 BE @ 3.2ghz, 2x2GO DDR2 G.Skill Extreme Pi Black PC8500, Sapphire ATi Radeon HD 4890 Vapor-X, Hitachi 1To sata II