Closed Thread
Posts: 561 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Spain
Your HDD will not have the NTFS partition? If so, is supported only reading and not writing.

The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteWolf For This Useful Post:
Posts: 66 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ intheclouds
Originally Posted by Schriek View Post
Thanks for help

First, i cant measure the voltage, but i assume theres a voltage because the LED goes up.

ls /dev/sd* returned : No such file or directory

ls/usr/local/sbin/i2* Returned: No such file or directory

BTW

IOerror is input output, so i think it gives the error because my flashdrive can't be read.

Only an idea maybe im talkin complete ****, but im learning java, C, linux and all the shizzle on school right now

Thanks again
check do you have installed i2c-tools, (extra-devel repo enabled)
Great for the log file! I'm glad that you study so many things. N900 will be great help for your developing in these areas but not limited to....

The fallowing is for all including me, you and the rest here.
AGAIN-WARM NOTE

Guys remember again what we need to do now - supplying nice logs ( preferable with explanation what was done step by step , no matter working for you or not! Which will help the guys form h-e-n to improve and make more stable release and move to next alpha or beta which will solve some of the issues that raising now!
Also if you can supply patches will be great. Read again first post and also joerg_rw's one here

We have opportunity to participate in testing host mode in early development stage - remember - this is not ready for general consumer. If we want to help we are welcome, but do not expect support of any kind(kindly).
Not because we do not want but this is not the goal now.
Remember that developers are also people and have their own life - let's save them couple of minutes which they will donate (I'm sure) back to developing and not wasting their time reading bull****.
May be here is good place for us to dig around and gain more knowledge and even solve the problem by ourselves!
If you are not ready to struggle with us without complaining and spamming then this is not for you yet! Go outside and have fun with some friends and look around for news patiently (which I realize that for many of you is equal to impossible).
I hope that reminding us again will bring help to this project not slowing it down - which all we want and waiting for. Thanks to all!

And now even I done what I am writing about , hopefully this will be last post of that kind!

P.S. Excuse me for past and future blunders,English is may second language

The Following User Says Thank You to mveplus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Quick and simple question: is this method, hardware-wise, similar to the method Nokia N8 uses?

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate

Finally got everything together and tried a few devices. I rebooted the N900 before each test.

With no device were there any files matching /usr/local/sbin/i2* so I don't include that information with each device.

1. Irex DR800 ebook. Worked fine though I had to mount the device manually since it appeared as /dev/sda
2. Ritmo HDD SATA 2.5" enclosure with 250GB HDD. Didn't work. The drive didn't even spin up.
3. Corsair Flash Voyager 8GB stick. Worked, created nodes /dev/sda, /dev/sda1 and /dev/sda2 and correctly mounted VFAT partition /dev/sda1. I was able also to manually mount ext2 partition /dev/sda2.
Attached Files
File Type: zip syslog.dr800.zip (135.7 KB, 87 views)
File Type: zip syslog.ritmo.zip (36.1 KB, 81 views)
File Type: zip syslog.voyager.zip (110.5 KB, 92 views)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to avidscavenger For This Useful Post:
Posts: 133 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Balzan Malta
Any updates regarding H.E.N??

Please open a new thread if you want to ask new questions.

Please keep this thread for syslogs discussion only.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to clasificado For This Useful Post:
Posts: 133 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Balzan Malta
No I am just asking if that is enough logs so that the developing could move to another stage because it looks like this project is going to halt again.

Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
Originally Posted by luketanti View Post
No I am just asking if that is enough logs so that the developing could move to another stage because it looks like this project is going to halt again.
Yes, there are basically enough logs now to clearly understand what's really happening when using Mohammad's method - 'details' and 'updates' to be found in edits to my last post to 'USB hostmode (coming soon)' thread.
However this doesn't mean we discourage any tester from sending new logs, especially for cases where new effects not yet reported are showing up, or new procedures were used and resulted in a successful hostmode session.

No, development isn't halted, and it doesn't help to frequently ask for 'updates'. If you want to participate in latest news of development, I suggest you join h-e-n project and start learning about technical details and contributing.

Thanks for all the nice testing, logs, and effort to keep this thread on topic and low noise :-)

cheers
jOERG

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2010-10-04 at 19:38.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Sorry to clutter this thread but I was wondering whether you were also interested in logs for classes of device other than storage, eg HIDs, scanners, webcams, printers, etc. ?

Closed Thread