Posts: 436 | Thanked: 298 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ England
Hi All,
I am one of the lucky people who are able to get out of vodafone contract just 6 months into a 24 month contract due to their mess up with the FUP. I can now go to another network and get a 1 month rolling contact and stick with my N900 or get a brand new shiny phone.

The only phone I am considering is the Dell Streak as i am drawn to it for the massive screen, sat nav, flash 10.1, ability to view web pages as a pc views them but not sure if it will be a dissapointment with regards to apps and usability ..... a hard keyboard and tv out will be sorely missed!!!!!.

if anyone can give any direction as to things the streak can/cant do app wise in comparison to myN900 such as TVC player or an equivalent, excel apps in comparison to my N900 i would appreciate it.

thanks will be given to everyone who gives me and decent advice ..... so thanks!

Check out the Dell Streak thread in the "Competitors" section, fraaaaanka, you'll find a lot of comparisons and user's thoughts that might help your decision

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ht=dell+streak

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

The Following User Says Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post:
Posts: 220 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ england
get a new phone and keep your n900 to keep the "hacker" in you satisfied offline mode is where the n900 excells!!
as you dont get interupted by calls or txts lol.

have both........ why?
because you can!!

The Following User Says Thank You to mr_xzibit For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
If you're not required to 'trade in' the N900, just keep it. If you don't like the Streak you can always just use the N900 again instead. Since I got the N900 about 4 months ago, I still haven't started using it as my default phone (and until a system-wide virtual keyboard with portrait mode, qwerty and T9-like, exists, there's a decent chance it will stay that way).

I think the N900 is more than complete as a semi-netbook, rather than a phone.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
I have both and could not be happier. You get the 2 best OS on the market. One for work and one for play. Best combo on the market imo.

The Following User Says Thank You to Average Joe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 195 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by Average Joe View Post
I have both and could not be happier. You get the 2 best OS on the market. One for work and one for play. Best combo on the market imo.
my solution will be the same the next days... one to work with it (streak) and the other for play and try (N900) ...