Notices

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Thank Mohammad,
I'm testing this now.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Thank you very much Mohammad and the team
Works flawlessly. Love it. Been waiting for this a long time ago

I wander why Nokia didn't look into this and enable it? Why would Nokia expecting people to manually enable ctrl shift r? None sense.

If it is just a matter of changing the configuration and re-arranging the layout. Why not just take a few hours and enable it.

ANyway did you upload this to the image based? as a fixed for the next release OS version?

Mohammad, this fixed of your is great but I found a little buggy with the portrait scrolling. It slower than lanscape and screen tearing when scrolling up and down. Notice when you reached the top and it tearing the page.

But overall it is still better than what ever Nokia provide us

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
The portrait tearing thing is the same as the one in the phone app, or the file browser (ctrl+shift+r), so I'm guessing it's caused by libhildon, not by the patch itself

P.S. I'd like to thank lcuk, without him, I would've given up on editing source code three months ago

Posts: 254 | Thanked: 95 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ New Delhi, India
Even though the portrait mode works fine, I'm having problem forwarding my company emails with attachments. The emails that are forwarded show up in the 'text' format... and without any attachments. The same emails were working fine with the default modest.

Is there something I need to do to make this work?

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Moscow
Just installed it today - so far so good. Don't care too much about portrait mode, but seems quite useful when reading inbox.
The only issue I've had is ctrl+enter shortcut not working. It used to send out current message, but the only way to do this now is clicking "send" button on the top. not that it's that critical, but a fix would be appreciated.
Thanks again for the work you've done, modest now seems a bit snappier.

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Brasov, Romania
Originally Posted by navsin View Post
Even though the portrait mode works fine, I'm having problem forwarding my company emails with attachments. The emails that are forwarded show up in the 'text' format... and without any attachments. The same emails were working fine with the default modest.

Is there something I need to do to make this work?
Same here...
Can you fix it ?

same here.
Changing prefs to text only seems to fix the problem

The Following User Says Thank You to davall For This Useful Post:
Posts: 254 | Thanked: 95 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ New Delhi, India
Originally Posted by davall View Post
same here.
Changing prefs to text only seems to fix the problem
I can confirm this. I changed the preference in emails to 'plain text' and now I can forward the same emails along with attachments.

another quick bug report. if email you have received has long non-breaking line you are unable to move/pull the screen to the right to see rest of the message