Active Topics

Posts: 333 | Thanked: 153 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ blah blah
@stskeeps : how old is this ti's port ?

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
Is the not GPU accelerated more because it's in Meego or because it's not GPU accelerated?
Because it's not GPU accelerated (didn't see any links to GLESv2 nor gstreamer..)
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
Is the not GPU accelerated more because it's in Meego or because it's not GPU accelerated? If it's the actual plugin then what's the point (besides that some unique Flash 10 functions will work). Otherwise you might as well use Flash version tweakr.
I had the same question. Isn't GPU acceleration the whole point of Flash 10? What are the other benefits?

Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
oh man... look what i started haha

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by longcat View Post
@stskeeps : how old is this ti's port ?
That version is on par with what's out for Android right now, IIRC.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
I also filled the form (not all were true *) and got a call from TI, at 5am local time.

*I wrote I'm going to test it on the Beagleboard (various OSes) and the N900

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by giannoug View Post
I also filled the form (not all were true *) and got a call from TI, at 5am local time.

*I wrote I'm going to test it on the Beagleboard (various OSes) and the N900
Ahh I filled my work details and my work phone. Not sure if they are going to call me lol. As the time frame is different. By the time they calling me, I'll probably be home already.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Is the not GPU accelerated more because it's in Meego or because it's not GPU accelerated? If it's the actual plugin then what's the point (besides that some unique Flash 10 functions will work). Otherwise you might as well use Flash version tweakr.
FlashPlayer 9 also not GPU accelerated.
So having flash10.1 without GPU Acceleration wouldn't be a bad idea. Atleast we still able to watch flash10.1 contents.

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
they will get suspicious soon b/c of the influx of visits for requests so if your going to try get it I'd hurry before the change something to make the process harder for you guys

Posts: 60 | Thanked: 144 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Philadelphia
If anyone is still wondering why Flash 10.1 isn't already available, and don't want to be bothered to read the rest of this thread, listen up:

Someone has to pay for it. A big license fee to Adobe. Any time you want to have Flash on anything that even smells like a mobile device, Adobe will be cashing in.

My guess is that Adobe is trying to double dip. Nokia paid for a license for v9 on the N900, but Adobe demanded another license for v10.1. The lovely nature of the commercial software business.

Whether Adobe will have a free license for MeeGo ARM Handset (from meego.com) is an important consideration.

The Following User Says Thank You to flailingmonkey For This Useful Post:

Tags
adobe, adobe flash, blahblah, flash, flash 10, flash 10.1, fremantle, future, idiotic thread, maemo, maemo 5, nokia, nokia fails, update