Notices

I just saw an update with the game "Eighty One" today. However, fapman displayed the following errors when updating or installing (new) the package:

Code:
--- 2010-10-06 20:04:06 ---
/usr/bin/apt-get -qsy --allow-unauthenticated -o Dir::Etc::sourcelist=/opt/fapman-cache/sources.list -o Dir::State::lists=/opt/fapman-cache/lists -o Dir::Etc::sourceparts="" --auto-remove install eightyone
--- 2010-10-06 20:04:12 ---
Output from last process:
---
Reading package lists...
Building dependency tree...
Reading state information...
The following extra packages will be installed:
libillumination1
The following NEW packages will be installed:
eightyone libillumination1
0 upgraded, 2 newly installed, 0 to remove and 5 not upgraded.
Inst libillumination1 (0.2.20101005-2 Extras-devel:2.0/fremantle)
Inst eightyone (1.10.20101005-1 Extras-devel:2.0/fremantle)
Conf libillumination1 (0.2.20101005-2 Extras-devel:2.0/fremantle)
Conf eightyone (1.10.20101005-1 Extras-devel:2.0/fremantle)

--- 2010-10-06 20:04:21 ---
/usr/bin/apt-get -qy --allow-unauthenticated -o DPkg::options::=--force-confnew -o Dir::Etc::sourcelist=/opt/fapman-cache/sources.list -o Dir::State::lists=/opt/fapman-cache/lists -o Dir::Etc::sourceparts="" --auto-remove install eightyone
Reading package lists...
Building dependency tree...
Reading state information...
The following extra packages will be installed:
libillumination1
The following NEW packages will be installed:
eightyone libillumination1
0 upgraded, 2 newly installed, 0 to remove and 5 not upgraded.
Need to get 0B/878kB of archives.
After this operation, 2691kB of additional disk space will be used.
WARNING: The following packages cannot be authenticated!
libillumination1 eightyone
Authentication warning overridden.
(Reading database ... 50282 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking libillumination1 (from .../libillumination1_0.2.20101005-2_armel.deb) ...
dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/libillumination1_0.2.20101005-2_armel.deb (--unpack):
trying to overwrite `/opt/maemo/usr/share/illumination/catalogs/de.xml', which is also in package libillumination0
Selecting previously deselected package eightyone.
Unpacking eightyone (from .../eightyone_1.10.20101005-1_armel.deb) ...
Errors were encountered while processing:
/var/cache/apt/archives/libillumination1_0.2.20101005-2_armel.deb
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
Anyone has a solution for this?
TIA

I had the same problem this morning (also GPSJinni update failed), but now I checked for updates manually, and it went OK.

-sami

The Following User Says Thank You to samivee For This Useful Post:
Is EightyOne after upgrade working correct? By me it's not working correct: if I press any number, nothing happens. I should press twice "mark" to see the entered number.

Same problem here also... Entered number becomes visible after selecting another slot from the number grid, or fiddling with that "mark" button. Well, hopefully this gets corrected soon.

Same problem here. Numbers becomes visible when focus is moved. Please correct it quickly. I use it daily and love Solitaire.

Posts: 72 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Germany
I will take a look at this as soon as possible. The problem is, that this bug is only reproducable on the device itself, it cannot be reproduced in scratchbox (of course I did some tests before uploading). This will make debugging much more time consuming :-/ Sorry for the inconvinience, but you are using extras-devel and testing software is exactly its purpose. You should be able to go back to the version in extras by
uinstalling,d eactivating extras-devel, reinstalling the older version (and reactivating extras-devel).

If you find other bugs, please contact me directly.

I almost totally freaked out when eightyone stopped working properly.. I play at least 3 or 4 puzzles in impossible mode everyday! So eightyone is my most used application. thx for you reply today. i just downgraded and it works fine again!!!

plz don't do that again.

The bug should now be fixed (and possibly fixes other, similar bugs in my applications). Sorry again for the inconvinience, but I need a place for tests. The new versions of my applications should be faster and the switch to cairo should make improved visualisations possible and I'm sure you will like that , too.

If you find other bugs,please mail me directly, since I'm not actively monitoring the forum.

The Following User Says Thank You to Framstag For This Useful Post:
Thanks for the update. I think there is still a minor bug. When I just start the game, and generate a new board, nothing is displayed. I have to generate another one for numbers to appear. Also, when there is no number displayed (first generated board), clicking on Statistics would make the game freeze.

Last edited by zerocool2k; 2010-10-10 at 19:07.

Thnaks for the hint. I'll take a look at this new problem in the evening.

The Following User Says Thank You to Framstag For This Useful Post: