home/user # apt-get upgrade
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
The following packages have been kept back:
libsdl-mixer1.2 perl-base
The following packages will be upgraded:
wagic
1 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 2 not upgraded.
3 not fully installed or removed.
Need to get 19.3MB of archives.
After this operation, 4096B disk space will be freed.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? y
Get:1 http://repository.maemo.org fremantle/free wagic 0.13.1maemo1 [19.3MB]
Fetched 19.3MB in 1min29s (215kB/s)
(Reading database ... 55174 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace wagic 0.13.1maemo0 (using .../wagic_0.13.1maemo1_armel.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement wagic ...
dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/wagic_0.13.1maemo1_armel.deb (--unpack):
error setting ownership of `./opt/wagic/Res/themes/White Shrine/back_thumb.JPG': Operation not permitted
dpkg-deb: subprocess paste killed by signal (Broken pipe)
cp: cannot create '/home/user/MyDocs/wagic/Res': File exists
dpkg: error while cleaning up:
subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 1
Errors were encountered while processing:
/var/cache/apt/archives/wagic_0.13.1maemo1_armel.deb
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
/home/user #

Originally Posted by AgogData View Post
don't get pissed Glasswalker i thought the keyboard issue is fixable
and btw...UNABLE TO UPDATE WAGIC !!
don't worry, I'm not getting pissed off this fast *grin* maybe my post sounded more pissed than I intended. In this case I'm sorry.

OK, I didn't update the game, I deleted and reinstalled so this error slipped me...

Regards,
Glasswalker

Originally Posted by Xawotihs View Post

@Glasswalker: I'm playing on a swiss layout which is very close from a german layout and I have large hands. It's actually painful to play more than one consecutive game on the N900 with the default layout ... That's why I added a basic touch interface, and that's why I want to add a real touch interface to the game. It would also bring a mouse support to the windows version at the same time.
Touch interface? That sounds really great :-) I don't have that big hands (I'm more the skinny one) but after 2 or 3 games it really gets arkward..

Glasswalker

@AgogData
Thanks for the detail error log. You were root when you started it, right ?

This error seems weird. To be honest, it's my first maemo app and I had to fight a lot to deploy the Wagic files as I wanted, I guess something is not compatible with the upgrade mechanism... I'll look in details as soon as I have more times. For the moment, you should do like I proposed, backup your current Res\Player and Res\Settings and every other stuff you added to the game and deinstall-reinstall, it should work.

The Following User Says Thank You to Xawotihs For This Useful Post:
ok, i'll try that
and yes i was root

Posts: 237 | Thanked: 193 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Brighton, UK
I had the same issue updating. Simply renaming the symlink (eg to Res.bak) allowed the installer to recreate the Res symlink and everything went fine. I didn't remove or delete anything just renamed the symlink and updated through standard app manager.

Hopefully that helps you nail down the installer issue.

Great job btw.

Last edited by mr id; 2010-10-10 at 00:07. Reason: typos

I've got Wagic starting to work in the menus and battle with the touch interface. It means that you can select a card to cast or to activate by touching it. And you can still perform the cast or activation by double tapping on the screen.

To be able to fully play without the keyboard, I would need to map the "spell interruption" and "go to next phase" events. I've got several ideas:
- I could map the events to the accelerometer. For example, "go to next phase" could be linked to tilting the device to the right, "spell interruption" could be linked to tilting the device to the left
- I could also use the sound or camera buttons

What do you guys think ?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Xawotihs For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Xawotihs View Post
I've got Wagic starting to work in the menus and battle with the touch interface. It means that you can select a card to cast or to activate by touching it. And you can still perform the cast or activation by double tapping on the screen.

To be able to fully play without the keyboard, I would need to map the "spell interruption" and "go to next phase" events. I've got several ideas:
- I could map the events to the accelerometer. For example, "go to next phase" could be linked to tilting the device to the right, "spell interruption" could be linked to tilting the device to the left
- I could also use the sound or camera buttons

What do you guys think ?
im not gonna update to that, i like it keyboarded style

Posts: 271 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Poland, Białystok
For example, "go to next phase" could be linked to tilting the device to the right
That's a really BAD idea. You could lose mana if you would use this by mistake or skip the attack turn
Could you map 'next phase' to camera key?

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Germany
you can use different areas of the screen

interupt a spell - tapping the opponent gamefield
next phase - tapping the phase counter

Tags
bada blows, bada rox, question