Active Topics

Poll: Have you had charging or USB problems with your N900
Poll Options
Have you had charging or USB problems with your N900

Originally Posted by Drekkie View Post
Has anyone in the US sent in their n900 to the Nokia center in Alabama and received a new device since September 15th? My repair has been stuck in status "Awaiting replacement device" since then and when I talked to Nokia they said that the replacements are out of stock (which I think has also been mentioned on these forums) but that they should be shipping around this week. Just curious if I need to chase them more.
I sent mine about a week before yours and it is still saying awaiting replacement. Called them twice and both times been told they do not know when replacement will be available.

If they give you your replacement before mine I will not be impressed at all.

Originally Posted by james174 View Post
I'm really dissapointed in Nokia, I sent my phone off for repair, as the charger is broken, and they sent it back, with nothing but a piece of paper saying the warranty is void due to water damage..... (wtf!?!)
My N900 hasn't seen water in its life, I look after it as if it were made of egg shells.
Now I have no idea how to get it fixed. Does anyone have any suggestions?
I sent mine in through Carphone warehouse and that was the response I got. But then I sent it to the US where I bought the device and they are replacing it.

Maybe try sending it again. Peharps to a different place. USB port issue has nothing to do with moisture damage so it is criminal for them to try and use that to avoid fixing it. But the problem is they do not even fix the usb port. They just replace the device. So they are not impressed with giving a new one for a water damaged one.

Posts: 4 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Newcastle, NSW, Australia
the funny thing about Nokia stating its 'affected a specific amount of devices and not all' is it seems to be occuring on a world wide scale.... I reckon they are just bullcrapping to get out of warranty repairs for everyone who has the issue.

Still waiting for feedback back about how my repair is going... 8 days so far.

The polls say there is very less mobiles with USB port damage problem but there seems to be a lot of them complaint about it..
what is the true picture ?

Yeah mines away for about 4 weeks now, without any response of nokia. Theres a law here in germany that you onlyl have to wait a suitable time for replacement

So my next step is countable, if i wont hear from them in the next week! The service suckz here btw!

Does anyone please have a contact email for nokia in UK or Europe that someone at nokia actually reads? The web contact form never receives a reply, so I am doubting that anyone even reads it. Finding an email of any sort to contact them has been like searching for the holy grail, in a haystack of needles, being chased by wild geese.

I sent a repair request in ages ago but it's taken so long to back things up (had to use bluetooth) that I have been trying to get some sort of answer from them on what to do with sending the thing in for repair.

Originally Posted by ashy View Post
The polls say there is very less mobiles with USB port damage problem but there seems to be a lot of them complaint about it..
what is the true picture ?
yeah= I think the poll as conducted ages ago and was closed. I'd bet if it was conducted again now that there would be a large percentage swing towards people saying they have had problems.

Posts: 144 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Finland
I can check here in Finland in the real time the service status:

Received maintenance: 04.10.2010 12:43

Service status: Received to service center

(Service center is the same place where I left the phone. Nice girl took it away from me and gave me a just service number.

Week and nothing yet happened.. service man not in hurry if charging is broken Last time it took only one day to change broken LCD screen.

Just give me the brand new one!

Last edited by jmk; 2010-10-10 at 23:44.

Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
Originally Posted by jonathandueck View Post
So, I read this thread, start to finish, yesterday. My reading of this, well, voluminous thread might be defective, but as far as I can tell, we're not at this point sure whether Nokia has addressed the design or manufacturing issue that is causing the detached USB ports, and visually there seems to be no change in more newly made N900s. Have I read correctly (and apologies if I haven't)?
maybe a manufacturing issue.......well it is

http://www.unwiredview.com/2010/04/1...-problems-too/

i have all devices that are mentioned on the article of the link above.

.......well.......careful with the micro usb.......extra extra and extra carefull

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

N900: 1000/1150mhz; sampling_rate 15; up_threshold 150000;

I also got charging and usb problems with my n900. I had it sent to a Nokia Repair Center, and a month later I received a call from the shop where I bought it, telling me I could pick up a brand new n900 (:

Tags
bad design, broken, charging, failure, hardware, loose, microusb, microusb port, n900, nokia, part, port, repair, return, surface mount, usb, usb port, warranty