Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
Hey all,
I don't know how many of you use this app, I found it really hard to set up. It seems very well done in most aspects, but there are plenty of differences between various operating systems, and all sorts of inconsistencies in the code that can cause just about anything to fail.
It seems like this tool isn't used by a whole lot of people either,there is hardly anything on this forum related to it.
Anyways I just wanted to post any of the really difficult stuff I figure out, since I don't think I will get much help when asking questions...

problem: build fails with error "value too large for defined data type"
this is some sort of screwed up samba error, it's a permissions thing i guess. ESbox auto mounts the shared folders, and I'm not sure exactly what it does to accomplish that, but luckily we can set up this stuff manually as well, and just disable the auto mounting.
edit the file /etc/fstab and put your shares at the bottom like this:
Code:
//192.168.1.101/shared /home/lance/shared smbfs credentials=/home/lance/.smbmount-lance,nounix,noserverino,uid=lance,rw 0 0
//192.168.1.101/shared /scratchbox/users/lance/home/lance/shared smbfs credentials=/home/lance/.smbmount-lance,nounix,noserverino,uid=lance,rw 0 0
create a file somewhere with this in it: (it's referenced as "/home/lance/.smbmount-lance" above
Code:
username=DESKTOP/lance
password=xxxxxxx
okay so my username is "lance" on both computers
host ip address is the 101 ip
uid= is the linux user that will own the shared folder on the virtual machine.
DESKTOP is the computer name of the host, it could also be your domain or workgroup if you belong to one. You can probably leave it blank or just put your computer name to be safe like I did. At least this works on Windows 7...

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
anyone know how to change the confgure command so it doesn't just do "./configure" but something like "./configure --enable-feature1"
?
-edit-
i will just use the debian package > "build debian package" command which runs debian/rules
that contains the ../configure with all the options i need to mess with.

i seem to be able to build a deb now with esbox although it creates fine it says it couldn't read it right after.
didn't test the deb yet but seeing it spit one out is certainly reassuring.

Last edited by Creamy Goodness; 2010-10-14 at 07:42.