Active Topics

computerfreek,

Were you the kind of kid who still got his hand burnt on the stove even after being told it is not a good idea. I guess I will have to try again. Well I just tried to disable Flash plugin when Opera was my default browser and everything was fine. My default browser and active browser was Microb when I disabled it the first time. I just switched over from Opera where flash is disabled to Microb. Flash is enabled in Microb and disabled in Opera. Perhaps I will keep it this way and just switch over to Microb when I encouter a site that requires flash.

I followed various posts on here and got it to work in Opera, but not in Microb... which crashes immediately after starting. No big deal I guess, as long as one of them works.

When I go to check my flash version, I get LNX 9,0,31,17

Thanks you guys!

Originally Posted by chatterbox View Post

Downloaded through browser:
http://nmacleod.com/nokia/n800/micro...-4.2007.tar.gz

opened xterm:
# sudo gainroot

Backed up libflashplayer.so:
# cp /usr/lib/browser/plugins/libflashplayer.so ./

unpacked tarball (this overwrites libflashplayer.so, above, so no need to rm it first):
# tar -xvzf microb_flash-4.2007.tar.gz -C /

changed directory and created symbolic link:
# cd /usr/lib
# ln -s libplayback-1.so.0.0.4 libplayback-1.so.0
The above steps worked. Latest steps with .mozilla link is not needed.

Also minimo or microb installation is mandatory, maybe because it install some missing libs so that flash plugin can be recognised in Opera.

At least libice, libsm and libxt are installed by both minimo or microb. So if you don't want to use microb, minimo is preferred to install since it is smaller.

Last edited by yrannadx; 2007-10-19 at 19:56.

cd: 7: can't cd to /user/lib

I cant cd :P

edit: nevermind, it was /usr as stated above.

Tried all instructions, and I have installed microb or whatever its called and it says i have no plugins installed.

Last edited by Jaffa Cakes!; 2007-10-19 at 21:01.

i think you need to go to the menu, hidden, change default to opera.

Posts: 16 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ singapore
hi I am no linux user but would like flash 9 on my n770. question1. Do i need linux computer? Q2 I try application manager it say invalid file application, Can some kind soul give me a description of how to install this step by step from very basic , thanks. All this gain sudo root means elvish to me.

how come no sound with new flash?

i installed that new libflashplayer.so and
libplayback.so and i check their sizes they are right but my opera's flash still vers.6 i searched all *flash* && *opera* files too couldnt discover anything then them ? what may be prblem opera cached the library?
when i try to rename libflashplayer.so to sakdaskda.so to is same too ?

update:
when i switch to microb i cant see any plugin but in opera i see flash and default plugins

another update:
now i can see flash 9 @ microb but its so slow and so much crashing

Last edited by ballotum; 2007-10-26 at 04:20.

Posts: 334 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Eastern Ontario, Canada
After a couple of re-flashes and very careful following of the instructions I have Flash 9 working in both Opera and MicroB.

But I have no sound so I guess I still screwed something up. Before I try again, do other folks have sound?

For example, does:

http://eeepc.asus.com/en/guide.htm

play a horrible guitar loop for you or is it silent?

can u play youtube videos?